Excel Triggered stop All Bets

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel Triggered stop All Bets

Postby hirrakki » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:20 pm

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to stop the triggered betting after my spreadsheet has already place a bet.

So for a place market.

Place bet > Bet made > stop all further bets.

My bot seems to keep placing bets and its pretty much placing the whole market towards the end of a race when it reaches my criteria.

I would like it to stop betting on the market after the first bet.

I was hoping it was a trigger bet command, but cant seem to see any on the help section.

Any help appreciated.
hirrakki

Re: Excel Triggered stop All Bets

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:49 pm

You need to add additional criteria to your trigger column so it won't place bets if a bet has already been made. Easiest way is just to add criteria to count any entries in the bet reference column and not place bets if that's more than zero. Just add something like COUNTA(T5:T60)=0 into your trigger using AND.
Captain Sensible

Postby hirrakki » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:03 am

Hi Captain, thanks for the reply.

So that will limit me to 1 bet per race? or will that limit 1 bet per horse, im not using CLEAR triggers or anything.

Its a good idea to add up the bet refs, i like that a lot, but how does that stop all the bet being placed?

Good logic. just dont really understand it.

J
hirrakki

Postby hirrakki » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:05 am

My trigger is:-

=IF(ISBLANK(A5),"",IF(AB5=2,"BACK-F0",""))

So i would need to add an AND to this if the sum of bet ref > 1

Does that sound right?

cheers J
hirrakki

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:50 pm

You'd add it into that trigger like

=IF(ISBLANK(A5),"",IF(AND(AB5=2,COUNTA(T5:T60)=0),"BACK-F0",""))

So that would require AB5 to equal 2 and the betref column to be empty (i.e. not bets placed or cancelled)

I'm assuming that's copied down all the runners like

=IF(ISBLANK($A$5),"",IF(AND($AB$5=2,COUNTA($T$5:$T$60)=0),"BACK-F0",""))

So it won't stop more than one bet being fired on the first bet if say AB5 and AB6 both equalled 2, I don't know your trigger criteria but if that can happen and you only want one bet you'd also have to take into account that scenario just by adding another criteria to count the instances of 2's in your AB column, if that makes sense.
Captain Sensible

Postby hirrakki » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:24 pm

Hi Captain,

I added that line and i can only get the A5 betting now. Ive applied it to all the cells below and its not behaving properly.

Can I PM you?

cheers James
hirrakki

Postby hirrakki » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi Captain,

Yes i still have it firing multiples, bit stuck now.

J
hirrakki

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:19 pm

Is the same trigger being applied to all runners? And does AB column equaling 2 set off the runners bets?

What formulas do you have in Q5 and in Q6
Captain Sensible

Postby hirrakki » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:23 pm

Hi Captain,

So got it. So i now have what i asked, the counter required to be t5 constant rather than accumulative.

However, how do i now return all the bet refs back to nothing or 0. because they will leave one data in the cells.

perhaps i need a clear all T cells or something? or something?

getting there!!

Cheers James
hirrakki

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:45 pm

When do you want them cleared? For the next race or after it's done a bet?

To have them auto clear when you go to the next race you just select the options to CLEAR bet refs on auto and manual select market, they're just tick boxes when first logging the excel sheet to BA. If you want them to CLEAR after a bet has been placed you'd have to get more creative with the formulas
Captain Sensible

Postby hirrakki » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:19 am

Hi Captain,

Yes just clear after the race.

I'll check the tick boxes.

Thanks for your help.

very much appreciated.

Cheers J
hirrakki

Return to Find an Excel developer