Major new features

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Major new features

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:10 pm

NorthView wrote:I'm noticing that when I request a back bet at SP it often doesn't get placed if I'm zooming through at 4x or faster. I first noticed this at 32x.

I can't replicate this. Is there a way you can reliably replicate this or is it random? Are they definitely being placed before going in play? Are they actual SP bets or keep SP bets? If they are actual SP bets, did you put a limit on the price and are you sure it was within the limit?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby spliffcity » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:24 pm

Same issue.

With a tick offset and stop loss in place, the speed at which the race is played back directly affects the outcome.

I'd guess its the price that is available in the market at the time the bet executes is different, depending on race speed.
spliffcity

Postby spliffcity » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:28 pm

Apologies, should have stated, that I'm using the new version with the bet delay changes in.
spliffcity

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:46 pm

spliffcity wrote:Same issue.

With a tick offset and stop loss in place, the speed at which the race is played back directly affects the outcome.

I'd guess its the price that is available in the market at the time the bet executes is different, depending on race speed.

I'm not seeing this issue with manual bets so far so it could be Excel. Excel is updated on a separate thread. If Excel is busy when a refresh is attempted it may only be updated on the next refresh and therefore initial bet can be placed when odds are different. This is exactly how it happens on live markets. Can you give me a specific market with specific trigger and play back speeds where it is different? I should be able to test the exact same scenario you are looking at. At the moment I'm just guessing.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:02 pm

Sorry. Ignore my last post. I have now found an example where I place a manual bet with tick offset and stop loss. Sometimes the offset bet is matched and other times the stop loss kicks in. This is all at 32x speed. It has to be a thread timing issue. I am looking into it.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby spliffcity » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:07 pm

OK, let me know if you need the specific examples. Happy to help.

What I've also seen is that in the real market, Lay bets are matched at price set, where as in the simulation, lay bets are matched at much lower odds in this example.

I've probably not explained that too well, so happy to provide examples as needed.
spliffcity

Postby NorthView » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:19 pm

[quote="GaryRussell"][quote="NorthView"]I'm noticing that when I request a back bet at SP it often doesn't get placed if I'm zooming through at 4x or faster. I first noticed this at 32x.[/quote]
I can't replicate this. Is there a way you can reliably replicate this or is it random? Are they definitely being placed before going in play? Are they actual SP bets or keep SP bets? If they are actual SP bets, did you put a limit on the price and are you sure it was within the limit?[/quote]

Actual SP bets, not keep bets. No limits on price.

I've found that if I place one before the off of any race it's placed correctly,

What I was doing was going through a whole day's races, placing one in each race before the off (21 races, 21 SP bets), then going back to the first race and zooming through. This caused some not to be placed, maybe dependent on zoom speed, though some even failed at 2x.

Emailed you a screenshot.

Maybe it's a RAM issue though I'm "only" at 85% usage?
NorthView

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:31 am

NorthView wrote:
GaryRussell wrote:
NorthView wrote:I'm noticing that when I request a back bet at SP it often doesn't get placed if I'm zooming through at 4x or faster. I first noticed this at 32x.

I can't replicate this. Is there a way you can reliably replicate this or is it random? Are they definitely being placed before going in play? Are they actual SP bets or keep SP bets? If they are actual SP bets, did you put a limit on the price and are you sure it was within the limit?

Actual SP bets, not keep bets. No limits on price.

I've found that if I place one before the off of any race it's placed correctly,

What I was doing was going through a whole day's races, placing one in each race before the off (21 races, 21 SP bets), then going back to the first race and zooming through. This caused some not to be placed, maybe dependent on zoom speed, though some even failed at 2x.

Emailed you a screenshot.

Maybe it's a RAM issue though I'm "only" at 85% usage?

Memory isn't the issue. I noticed in the screenshot you sent that you have a second tab with historical markets. The two time lines are conflicting. I recommend only using one tab until I have fixed this.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby sharkky » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:38 am

Hi, I'm loving having the current charts open in this view, it lets me use the space under my ladders for the advanced charts. Thing is, I don't see a way to put those charts into ladder order or price order, so as is they are confusing. Can we possibly at least make them jump to price order with the 'F' hotkey, or perhaps have a button to click them into current ladder order? Cheers.
Attachments
image_2022-02-17_103403.png
CURRENT CHARTS
image_2022-02-17_103403.png (262.39 KiB) Viewed 27812 times
sharkky

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:51 am

sharkky wrote:Hi, I'm loving having the current charts open in this view, it lets me use the space under my ladders for the advanced charts. Thing is, I don't see a way to put those charts into ladder order or price order, so as is they are confusing. Can we possibly at least make them jump to price order with the 'F' hotkey, or perhaps have a button to click them into current ladder order? Cheers.

Hi,

Now that we have this functionality I think a button on the Ladder interface to open the charts in the same order as the ladders is required and also an option on the Grid.
What do you think?

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby sharkky » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:33 pm

[quote="MarkRussell"][quote="sharkky"]Hi, I'm loving having the current charts open in this view, it lets me use the space under my ladders for the advanced charts. Thing is, I don't see a way to put those charts into ladder order or price order, so as is they are confusing. Can we possibly at least make them jump to price order with the 'F' hotkey, or perhaps have a button to click them into current ladder order? Cheers.[/quote]

Hi,

Now that we have this functionality I think a button on the Ladder interface to open the charts in the same order as the ladders is required and also an option on the Grid.
What do you think?

Regards,
Mark[/quote]

Oh now that would be fantastic, would solve the order issue and also save having to select the market separately in the new charts window. Perfect. If one button just pops up the current charts and the window remembers size and position that would be absolutely ideal.
sharkky

Postby NorthView » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:19 pm

Placing a back bet with tick offset and Keep Offset IP doesn't do that (several races tested), but on a live race it works fine and the offset Lay is requested as a Keep.
NorthView

Postby NorthView » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:36 pm

I think bet price recalculations aren't made after a withdrawal. I got £1 matched at 5.0 on the winner Court Master (1400 Newcastle 1st Feb 2022) before Sounds Russian was withdrawn, and the account balance incremented by £4.
NorthView

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:59 pm

NorthView wrote:I think bet price recalculations aren't made after a withdrawal. I got £1 matched at 5.0 on the winner Court Master (1400 Newcastle 1st Feb 2022) before Sounds Russian was withdrawn, and the account balance incremented by £4.

I will sort it. Please don't mention dead heats because I definitely missed that one!
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby NorthView » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:43 pm

I know I've flagged a couple of bugs that look significant and don't mean to hassle you but any idea on when we might be able to continue testing?
NorthView

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements