Major new features

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Major new features

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:09 am

The LAYFIELD trigger was running code in the main application thread instead of a background thread. This definitely caused the freeezing.

See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11064

See if you can freeze version 1.3.0.1b with the following trigger. Hopefully you cannot.

Code: Select all
=IF(T5="VARIOUS","CANCEL-ALL-MARKET","LAYFIELD")
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Deestar » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:39 pm

There are two really small annoyances with the new version but annoyances nonetheless (you did ask for feedback!)

When you run a P+L report from the new version, the P+L Statement stays on top of all other applications when you click away. It didn't do that previously. You now have to manually minimise or close.

The colour of the market tab has now changed so that it is no longer as defined from the Betting Options section and the section above. It makes it more difficult to distinguish the end tab. Previously it was quite distinct where each market tab began and ended. I've played around with the colours but nothing works. Previously the bit to the right of the last tab was the same colour as the bit above it. Now its the same as the bit below it.

If they could be changed back I'd be annoyed no longer but appreciate they are small things......
Deestar

Postby NorthView » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:00 pm

[quote="GaryRussell"]The LAYFIELD trigger was running code in the main application thread instead of a background thread. This definitely caused the freeezing.

See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11064

See if you can freeze version 1.3.0.1b with the following trigger. Hopefully you cannot.

[code]=IF(T5="VARIOUS","CANCEL-ALL-MARKET","LAYFIELD")[/code][/quote]
Tested the new version with LAYFIELD, all ok now thanks.

Am I right that the Log Bet Results option won't work because the data comes from Betfair?
NorthView

Postby NorthView » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:29 pm

Having used this for a few days , a couple of small suggestions:

1) Increase the virtual bank to at least £1000 (allows more bets to be placed at the £2 min.)

2) Allow the virtual bank to be reset to £1000 (spares having to restart BA and reload a lot of markets)
NorthView

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:43 pm

NorthView wrote:Having used this for a few days , a couple of small suggestions:

1) Increase the virtual bank to at least £1000 (allows more bets to be placed at the £2 min.)

2) Allow the virtual bank to be reset to £1000 (spares having to restart BA and reload a lot of markets)

1) Open preferences and select the Historical Data tab. You can change the default balance there.

2) When you click the red stop button it removes all the bets and resets the balance.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby NorthView » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:35 pm

Ok, seems like you've thought of everything!

Also BA is using ~25% less RAM for me by using the compression option, which is very useful
NorthView

Postby NorthView » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:48 pm

Can't edit posts.

When we test a strat in Betfair we can get our bet details from the website to do analysis against.

Could we do something similar against historic data bets placed either from Excel or manually?
NorthView

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:18 am

NorthView wrote:Can't edit posts.

When we test a strat in Betfair we can get our bet details from the website to do analysis against.

Could we do something similar against historic data bets placed either from Excel or manually?

Do you mean something like the P&L statement? I could do that.

Also the results feature does work. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QkKb_cmICg for an explanation on how to use this feauture.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:22 am

Deestar wrote:There are two really small annoyances with the new version but annoyances nonetheless (you did ask for feedback!)

When you run a P+L report from the new version, the P+L Statement stays on top of all other applications when you click away. It didn't do that previously. You now have to manually minimise or close.

The colour of the market tab has now changed so that it is no longer as defined from the Betting Options section and the section above. It makes it more difficult to distinguish the end tab. Previously it was quite distinct where each market tab began and ended. I've played around with the colours but nothing works. Previously the bit to the right of the last tab was the same colour as the bit above it. Now its the same as the bit below it.

If they could be changed back I'd be annoyed no longer but appreciate they are small things......

I'll see what I can do.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby NorthView » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:34 pm

[quote="GaryRussell"][quote="NorthView"]Can't edit posts.

Could we do something similar against historic data bets placed either from Excel or manually?[/quote]
Do you mean something like the P&L statement? I could do that.

Also the results feature does work. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QkKb_cmICg for an explanation on how to use this feauture.[/quote]

Confirmed the Results feature works with historic data.

Some people may be betting manually (perhaps using custom columns) so a P&L statement would good in those situations if it's not too much work, plus it gives everyone a view of P/L, markets and commission.

But as the main use for historical data will be to run strategies against many markets will the calendar control allow us to select more than one day? Say I want to load all win racing markets for a month (RAM allowing). Could there be a quick way of doing this, otherwise loading one day of win markets at a time is going to be painful.
NorthView

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:25 pm

But as the main use for historical data will be to run strategies against many markets will the calendar control allow us to select more than one day? Say I want to load all win racing markets for a month (RAM allowing). Could there be a quick way of doing this, otherwise loading one day of win markets at a time is going to be painful.

I need to give this some thought. Multiple days in the same quick pick will definitely lead to memory issues, so whatever I do it will involve clearing the list automatically and loading in the next day. I am busy incorporating the other sports at the moment. As soon as I have done that I will look into this.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby spliffcity » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:15 pm

How do we subscribe to the Historical data? I can only see 1st Jan currently.
spliffcity

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:43 pm

spliffcity wrote:How do we subscribe to the Historical data? I can only see 1st Jan currently.

As it's still in Beta and it's not yet possible to subscribe I have given everyone one free week to access all horse racing markets. You will be able to select a date next time you login. I am currently busy incorporating remaining sports and setting up payment options.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby spliffcity » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:11 pm

Thanks Gary.

Just testing some in-play trigger betting with a stop loss.

Seeing different results depending on what speed the race is set to play back at.

Is that expected?
spliffcity

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:21 pm

spliffcity wrote:Thanks Gary.

Just testing some in-play trigger betting with a stop loss.

Seeing different results depending on what speed the race is set to play back at.

Is that expected?

No that is not expected. I will look into that.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements