Betfair Website unavailable on Monday 31st January

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby Craig » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:38 pm

I think that the announcement '31st January 2011: API Problems' given on the BA start page should be sufficient to alert us to possible problems that day.

Perhaps on future planned maintenance days, the BA announcement can include a reference to, or link to, this section of the Gruss forum?

Having used BA for over a year now, I know the problems that Betfair maintenance can give us. On such days I regularly check the Gruss forum Announcements thread to read of other subscribers' experiences.

However, newer BA subscribers might not be fully aware of the need to be on their guard, so perhaps the BA start-up announcement could emphasise this?

Yesterday I was fortunate in that I was at home when racing started, so I was easily able to abandon racing for the day. For those that can't be in front of their trading PCs, the LogMeIn products can provide a solution.

I share Doris's sentiment that ultimately it's up to each of us to make our individual calls about whether or not to get involved with Betfair on days when their API is playing up. We can, though, help each other through this section of the forum.
Craig

Postby samclements74 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:52 pm

doris_day wrote:Well the good news is that, for me at least, the API seems to be working well and is more efficient at bet matching than before the upgrade. At last.

well that would be good news -- i tried it out last night and the right hand ladder ( i usually have 2 open ) -- was busted. I laid 50 at 1.02 and it placed an order for 1250, cancelled that and tried it again and it placed an order for 3500 !!!!!!!

Helped me bust my £100 bank in about three moves !! :((

*** My comment earlier was about Betfair sending out an email -- it's not Gruss's responsibility to alert iBF users, if the BF system is down... as the previous comment said, they have our emails,... too ashamed to lose face with their customers it wud appear.

Big Thanks to Gruss Software for your updates and help resolving these issues.

Thanks to all on here for reporting their experience,...

---------------------------------------------

"see u on the other side Ray "
samclements74

Betfair problems

Postby plusky » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:25 am

05:23 this morning I have. I have two computers running through 2 different ISP's. One is showing today's horse race cards correctly- the other shows incorrect times. Wonder why that is?
plusky

Re: Betfair problems

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:24 am

plusky wrote:05:23 this morning I have. I have two computers running through 2 different ISP's. One is showing today's horse race cards correctly- the other shows incorrect times. Wonder why that is?

Is the problem PC set to the correct date and timezone? The API provides the start times in GMT which are converted to your local time. This can only work if the timezone on your PC is correct.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby plusky » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:43 pm

OOPs!

I hadforgotten I still need to reset various bits and pieces following major crash.

(Turns up coat collar and creeps quietly away)
plusky

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:21 am

The latest version includes a new messaging system. There will be a flashing message on the menu bar that you need to click to view the message. We will use this to notify you of any API problems that we are aware of. I don't think anyone will be able to miss this message. I don't think we can do any more than this.

I have updated the official version and the Beta version will follow shortly.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby keesbart » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:11 am

Great Solution!
keesbart

Postby doris_day » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:52 pm

What a bloody joke Betfair are becoming.....
'He was looking for the card so high and wild he'd never need to deal another' - Leonard Cohen
doris_day

Postby samclements74 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:21 am

great idea !

went on today and its blinking away! i am an ex-software-developer so everything on an interface will catch my scrutinizing eye -- but this addition works v nicely

thanks Gruss :-)
samclements74

Previous

Return to Announcements