The Betfair upgrade on 31-Jan-2011

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

The Betfair upgrade on 31-Jan-2011

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:37 am

If you were wondering what they did, here is what they have said:-

Yesterday, Betfair underwent a significant technology upgrade by moving the bulk of our products to a brand new data centre.

The reason why we undertook this planned upgrade work is that its execution will generate significant and long-term benefits to the services and products we provide our customers.

After a number of months planning and building, the change-over to the new data centre occurred yesterday, resulting in the site being disrupted throughout the day.

We appreciate that yesterday’s disruptions were an inconvenience to those trying to access our products. We’re also aware that some of our services are not yet back at 100% but our engineers are working as fast as they can to rectify the last few remaining issues.

We’d like to apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience throughout this period.
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:46 am

Also saw this comment made by Betfair Community Tech Support:-

Our API servers are now based in a different location (not London like before), and due to this the API servers are on average 14 milliseconds further away than they were before. But from a hardware perspective they are on much high spec machines and network infrastructure.
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby mak » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:56 am

Can you ask them why the bet placing is much slower for the international users and when and if are planning to fix this please?
M
mak

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:12 pm

mak wrote:Can you ask them why the bet placing is much slower for the international users and when and if are planning to fix this please?
M

They usually request that we ask the user to send examples of slow response times to bdp@betfair.com so please can anyone experiencing slow bet placement response times send the details to this address. Please include the bet references, bet time and response time. The more users that email them the more likely they are to act.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby mak » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Gary hi
I believe that you could do much better job, instead of me just sending them an email
after all I don't see any other International Users care about it
So hope that they listen to you (to be honest i don't believe so)
mak
mak

Postby mak » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:34 pm

* forgot to add that i sent you a mail with time responses
mak

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:30 pm

I think you overestimate our influence with Betfair. I will pass on your message, but messages directly from several users would carry far more weight than anything we could ever say.
Last edited by GaryRussell on Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby mak » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:32 pm

Gary
when and if you' ve got any news please let me know...
mak

Return to Announcements