Betting Assistant New Version

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Betting Assistant New Version

Postby Betscrew » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:35 am

[quote="mak"]Gary please consider to add at each new version that we have to download the number of the version. eg 1.3.0.10
Thanks[/quote]

+1 (for Betdaq version too, please)!

We've suddenly been having daily updates (after only getting updates less than yearly) and it would be nice to know what's what and where's where!

Betscrew
Betscrew

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:54 pm

Betscrew wrote:
mak wrote:Gary please consider to add at each new version that we have to download the number of the version. eg 1.3.0.10
Thanks

+1 (for Betdaq version too, please)!

We've suddenly been having daily updates (after only getting updates less than yearly) and it would be nice to know what's what and where's where!

Betscrew

Betfair completely changed their API. We are only reacting to the inevitable issues that will arise. It will settle down in the next few weeks.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby mengoneur » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:17 pm

it is too early to give a full point of view, but I feel more speed. The first result that I see is that "failed price refresh" fall from 5-6% to 0,6%... that is surely good.

For the complete speed test I wait for the 17.00 o'clock but seems that we follow the right street. Only a note: I can't put more that 10 level.... so I test is with 10 level

THX
mengoneur

Postby mengoneur » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:24 pm

Ok Gary,

great! No slowmotion effect today with 10 visible levels. Anyway I fell some slow avery time so I am sure that the perfection can be get with separate timerefresh. I suggest to divice the separate refresh as before, so first 3 level in realtime, and the other in editable delay, but with possibility to determinate the number of levels... so for example: 10 level as now, 3 real time and the 7 in editable time.... so If I chose 15 we have 3 realtime refresh ance 12 in editable time...

Anyway grat job! really! THX
mengoneur

Postby Graham » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:55 pm

I've been getting INVALID_SIZE when using the UPDATESTAKE trigger in excel. Odds are the same, bit I think it might only be happening when the difference in stake is small.
Graham

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:37 pm

Graham wrote:I've been getting INVALID_SIZE when using the UPDATESTAKE trigger in excel. Odds are the same, bit I think it might only be happening when the difference in stake is small.

It should only happen if you try to increase the stake as the API doesn't support this directly. I need to fix it to place a new bet. This will be done next week.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby NorthView » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Hi Gary/Mark,

With 1.3.07 when I cycle through a quick pick list of horse race win markets before the off, once a race has finished cell A2 isn't populated any more with the race details but with - 00:00, which stops the cycle through the races from continuing.

Please can this be fixed urgently as it's stopping me from betting?

Thanks.
NorthView

Postby babyarber » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Not sure but I think I encountered a similar problem.

I left my spreadsheet collecting data for a few hours whilst I grabbed some dinner... when I came back I noticed BA was 'stuck' on the 3:00 from Cheltenham.
(It was around 4:00pm then so I missed 7-8 races)

I noticed that the Cheltenham race was delayed significantly. It finished about 3:15pm according to my logs, which I would speculate may have been after the next race had already finished (3:10 Lingfield was a 1m2f race).

So, my question, is anyone else have a similar problem, or maybe have a solution to avoid this occurring again?
babyarber

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:28 pm

Is it possible to sort out the last traded prices that show at the end of the race? The website shows the correct values not sure where BA's are coming from as the API seems to be outputting correct values from what I can see, I've attached an example from the last race where BA is showing as 19.5 for the last price but the horse won and it was 1.12 LTP

[attachment=0]Untitled.png[/attachment]
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:46 am

Captain Sensible wrote:Is it possible to sort out the last traded prices that show at the end of the race? The website shows the correct values not sure where BA's are coming from as the API seems to be outputting correct values from what I can see, I've attached an example from the last race where BA is showing as 19.5 for the last price but the horse won and it was 1.12 LTP

Untitled.png

The problem is the API isn't outputting the correct values. Betfair are aware of this issue.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:49 am

For all users having problems with markets getting stuck when moving onto to next race. I am still investigating and am making it a priority.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby NorthView » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:35 am

Thanks Gary, I appreciate you prioritising this.

A new API from Betfair was always bound to cause loads of problems but we'll get there in the end.
NorthView

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:42 pm

NorthView wrote:Hi Gary/Mark,

With 1.3.07 when I cycle through a quick pick list of horse race win markets before the off, once a race has finished cell A2 isn't populated any more with the race details but with - 00:00, which stops the cycle through the races from continuing.

Please can this be fixed urgently as it's stopping me from betting?

Thanks.

I have fixed this bug in version 1.3.0.12. Please install from the link below.

https://www.gruss1-software.co.uk/Betti ... istant.msi
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:44 pm

babyarber wrote:Not sure but I think I encountered a similar problem.

I left my spreadsheet collecting data for a few hours whilst I grabbed some dinner... when I came back I noticed BA was 'stuck' on the 3:00 from Cheltenham.
(It was around 4:00pm then so I missed 7-8 races)

I noticed that the Cheltenham race was delayed significantly. It finished about 3:15pm according to my logs, which I would speculate may have been after the next race had already finished (3:10 Lingfield was a 1m2f race).

So, my question, is anyone else have a similar problem, or maybe have a solution to avoid this occurring again?

Please install version 1.3.0.12 from the link below and let me know if it happens again.

https://www.gruss1-software.co.uk/Betti ... istant.msi
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby milfor » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:30 am

Are there any news on the known issue that events in 4 or more days
(for instance a soccer match on Saturday) are appearing on Betfair
but not in Betting Assistant?
milfor

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements