Betting Assistant New Version

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Betting Assistant New Version

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:22 am

milfor wrote:Are there any news on the known issue that events in 4 or more days
(for instance a soccer match on Saturday) are appearing on Betfair
but not in Betting Assistant?

I'm having another look at this today. I have an idea.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:02 am

GaryRussell wrote:
milfor wrote:Are there any news on the known issue that events in 4 or more days

I'm having another look at this today. I have an idea.

It's now loading all fixtures. I will post an update later as I have some other issues to investigate first.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:48 pm

alrodopial wrote:Garry/Mark please fix the below problem that made me stop betting
com - MarketDepth object returns prices at wrong order and some prices are missing
I use something like the below code to check if I get the correct prices from the object:

prices = MarketDepth(i).prices
UBoundPrices = UBound(prices)
If r = 7 Then ' (horse name)
Range("HI10:HM100").ClearContents
For t = 0 To UBoundPrices
Range("HI" & 20 + t) = prices(t).odds
Range("HJ" & 20 + t) = prices(t).backAmountAvailable
Range("HK" & 20 + t) = prices(t).layAmountAvailable
Range("HL" & 20 + t) = prices(t).totalBSPLayAmountAvailable
Range("HM" & 20 + t) = prices(t).totalBSPBackAmountAvailable
Next t

and compare them to the actual prices show at the price graph , like the below snapshot (pic5) or the two attached pictures (pic4 and pic5)

http://s484.photobucket.com/user/Diceso ... 5.png.html

ie the totalBSPLayAmountAvailable at the odds of 1000 and 10 (pic5) are at the wrong order and ie the layAmountAvailable at odds of 12.5 and 55 (pic5) are also at wrong order, (below the 1000 odds and below the 5.9 odds)
I have seen problems so far at those two fields, especially the totalBSPLayAmountAvailable at odds of 1000 .
Can you suggest a timeline that you will fix it? ( at least the totalBSPLayAmountAvailable problem)
Thanks

I have released version 1.3.0.13 that fixes this problem.

Please install from https://www.gruss1-software.co.uk/Betti ... istant.msi
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:49 pm

I have released version 1.3.0.13 that shows all fixtures.

Please install from https://www.gruss1-software.co.uk/Betti ... istant.msi
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Happy Harry » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:23 am

Hi there Gary

BA locked up this afternoon and failed to load a couple of Australian races. Costly for me as it happened however how do I determine whether it was a Betfair problem or a BA problem. At the time I was talking to someone via Skype so I know that the Internet was not down locally.

By the time I spotted it the race(s) had already gone by and manually logging into Betfair showed the site was up. In due course BA recovered and has operated OK since so would it be reasonable to assume it is a Betfair server/site issue? And how do I get at the BA error logs to confirm that?

Thanks

HH
Happy Harry

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:37 am

Happy Harry wrote:Hi there Gary

BA locked up this afternoon and failed to load a couple of Australian races. Costly for me as it happened however how do I determine whether it was a Betfair problem or a BA problem. At the time I was talking to someone via Skype so I know that the Internet was not down locally.

By the time I spotted it the race(s) had already gone by and manually logging into Betfair showed the site was up. In due course BA recovered and has operated OK since so would it be reasonable to assume it is a Betfair server/site issue? And how do I get at the BA error logs to confirm that?

Thanks

HH

Select "open settings folder" from the options menu. You will find the diagnostic logs folder there. Please send the file to admin@gruss-software.co.uk with a note of the time it happened and we'll take a look.
Also did it recover completely by itself or did you have to restart it?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Happy Harry » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:05 am

[quote="GaryRussell"][quote="Happy Harry"]Hi there Gary

Thanks

HH[/quote]
Select "open settings folder" from the options menu. You will find the diagnostic logs folder there. Please send the file to admin@gruss-software.co.uk with a note of the time it happened and we'll take a look.
Also did it recover completely by itself or did you have to restart it?[/quote]

It recovered completely by itself. However in the bottom bar - win xp - it is no longer the first tab on the bar but the last one. Normally BA is started first and it then loads the spreadsheets.
Happy Harry

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:53 am

Happy Harry wrote:
GaryRussell wrote:
Happy Harry wrote:Hi there Gary

Thanks

HH

Also did it recover completely by itself or did you have to restart it?

It recovered completely by itself. However in the bottom bar - win xp - it is no longer the first tab on the bar but the last one. Normally BA is started first and it then loads the spreadsheets.

Hi,

There were some freezes with the Betfair data yesterday as confirmed by other users, so this was down to the API.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby lNINl » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:59 am

I've been using 1.3.0.12 and the closed markets not updating issue seems to have been resolved (thank you) except there is still the problem I posted a while ago in bug reports section viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8624 where a closed market will have no updating if there is time remaining til the scheduled off but will start updating and things can continue once the countdown has reached zero.
lNINl

Postby osknows » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:21 am

Hi Gary,

One bug I seem to have picked up on the Betfair side, a call to ba.getAllTradedVolume using the COM returns prices that are not Betfair ticks.

For example, previously this COM function would return exact tick values such as 3.0, 3.05, 3.1 etc but it's now returning prices such as 3.01, 3.07, 3.12 etc. This is right across the price range from 1.01 to 1000.

Os
osknows

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:46 am

osknows wrote:Hi Gary,

One bug I seem to have picked up on the Betfair side, a call to ba.getAllTradedVolume using the COM returns prices that are not Betfair ticks.

For example, previously this COM function would return exact tick values such as 3.0, 3.05, 3.1 etc but it's now returning prices such as 3.01, 3.07, 3.12 etc. This is right across the price range from 1.01 to 1000.

Os

You're getting the raw traded volume from the API. When bets are matched at a range of odds then the average is calculated. On the ladder interface all volumes are rounded to the nearest tick. I thought this was also done for the COM interface, but obviously not. I will investigate.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby neeeel » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:14 am

hi, another thing I have noticed, in AUS markets at least, ba.cancelbet only cancels a bet if the market the bet is in is open in gruss. In the previous version, it would cancel the bet even if the market wasnt open.
neeeel

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:33 am

neeeel wrote:hi, another thing I have noticed, in AUS markets at least, ba.cancelbet only cancels a bet if the market the bet is in is open in gruss. In the previous version, it would cancel the bet even if the market wasnt open.

I'll look into it. Off the top of my head though it's probably because you have to pass the market id to the cancelOrders call where it wasn't required in the previous API.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby neeeel » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:25 am

ye, I am just going by the comclass reference guide /userguide/comclass_reference.htm, so its likely I have missed something out.
thanks for looking into it
neeeel

Postby N Counter » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:22 am

Hi.

If I have pages open on the same market I can only get the money matched over time graph up on page one.

Thanks.
N Counter

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements