Betting Assistant New Version

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Betting Assistant New Version

Postby mak » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:20 pm

[quote="fogosan"]Hi all,

I installed the newest version last week and with all 1.3 versions I am getting the same issue. Older versions behave differently.
My macro in excel sheet is set to cycle thru quick pick list using -1,-5,-8 triggers.

With new API BA versions my macro stop, when I move to market which was already closed.
In such case, in cell A1 is value " - 01:00 " and there are markets where is no update in excel.

When market is closed for long time, there is no connection with excel and I cannot remove market from QPL via triggers.

Does anybody else have similar issue or recommendation how to solve it?

Thaks.[/quote]

I have the same problem
mak

Postby LuckyYou » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:10 pm

Major problem with the "log current prices" option.
When I mannually add markets and after that I select "log current prices" at specific time before off - 1 minute - it doesn't pick the markets I've added on the quick pick list.. This doesn't always hapen but if I manually pick a market which is closed - after that - it doesn't pick the new markets
LuckyYou

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:14 am

Castillo wrote:Hi Gary

In the old version I always used the option under the Accounts tab called 'Calculate Data Requests Allowed'
I never used it for what the title suggests but I used it to analyse the days betting because I trade in so many markets. It was a quick and simple way to see profit / loss on individual markets, with the ability to also check on previous days using the calendar.

I can't seem to find this option in the new version, am I looking in the wrong place?

Regards
Castillo

There are no data request charges in API-NG so we removed the feature to save time adapting it. When all the issues have been ironed out we can look at adding a similar feature.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby wizardofmann » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:15 am

Oh dear! I too will feel somewhat lost without 'Calculate Data Requests Allowed' as I use it for the same purpose as Castillo. My Excel bot system allows me to also place bets manually and as far as I can see, it is the only way to quickly confirm wether the bots auto-bet was matched or not.
wizardofmann

Postby babyarber » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:28 am

[quote="methodman"]Gary

When updating I have found that my Profiles are no longer present. Having recreated the profile I then find my Excel multiple sheet details are no longer present and have had to be set up again.

I have another server to update and would like to be able to save this data as there are many sheets to set up.

thanks
John[/quote]

I didn't see a response to this question about saving profiles when updating.

To summarize: what is the best practice approach to prevent having to recreate all ones settings again when updating to the new version?

I'm hoping the profiles are saved somewhere so we save those before uninstalling, then move them back afterwards?

Or does the new version change the way these profile files are handled and consequently this technique might introduce problems?
babyarber

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:33 am

Graham wrote:Hi, just a wee problem I am having with the new version and tick offset bets.
If I place a tick offset bet with filll or kill, and the bet is only partially matched before the remainder is cancelled, the tick offset bet is not placed (I have wait for full match ticked)
The previous version would place the tick offset bet when the remainder is cancelled, as the bet is then fully matched.
Am I right in thinking the new version should also work this way?
Thanks
Graham

The new version should have worked this way, but was not recognising the bet as fully matched. I have fixed this bug. Please install version 1.3.0.6 from the link below.

https://www.gruss1-software.co.uk/Betti ... istant.msi
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:43 am

babyarber wrote:
methodman wrote:Gary

When updating I have found that my Profiles are no longer present. Having recreated the profile I then find my Excel multiple sheet details are no longer present and have had to be set up again.

I have another server to update and would like to be able to save this data as there are many sheets to set up.

thanks
John

I didn't see a response to this question about saving profiles when updating.

To summarize: what is the best practice approach to prevent having to recreate all ones settings again when updating to the new version?

I'm hoping the profiles are saved somewhere so we save those before uninstalling, then move them back afterwards?

Or does the new version change the way these profile files are handled and consequently this technique might introduce problems?

Chances are you upgraded from a version which does not store the settings in the current location. This location will not change in future versions and is easily located. From this version onwards you should not need to recreate settings when upgrading.

Now you have set up your preferences you can copy them to another PC or take a back up.

1) For preferences select "Open settings folder" from the options menu and copy any file ending with .config

2) The Excel quick link file is named BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt and is located in your documents folder.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Graham » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:06 pm

[quote="GaryRussell"][quote="babyarber"][quote="methodman"]Gary

2) The Excel quick link file is named BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt and is located in your documents folder.[/quote]

Hi Gary, re the file BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt

After updating, even though the file was in the correct place, I had the problem where only the first workbook was showing when I selected "Log multiple sheets quick link".

The problems seems to be that the additional option "p&L contains win & lose figures in multi winner markets" meant that BA was only finding the first workbook in the .txt file.

To get round this, rather than rebuilding the Excel quick link list, I edited the .txt files with an additional "|no" at the end of each line.

I think this is the problem that baryarber and methodman are encountering, or at least part of it.

Best wishes, and thanks for fixing that thing with the offset bets so quickly,
Graham
Graham

Postby mtysocks » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Sorry if this sounds a bit silly, but is there any way that I can get the software to update to the latest version automatically? I am already using version 1.3.0.2
mtysocks

Postby milfor » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:24 pm

I have a strange error here:

Every market can be opened but not the Asian Handicap.
It remains "Market loading" forever.
milfor

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:56 pm

milfor wrote:I have a strange error here:

Every market can be opened but not the Asian Handicap.
It remains "Market loading" forever.

Apologies it was broken in the latest release by code I added to display jockey silks for any market that provided them instead of just the more popular markets. Please install version 1.3.07 from https://www.gruss1-software.co.uk/Betti ... istant.msi
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby milfor » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:57 pm

I will do that.

Another error that is even more worrying:

My greenup spreadsheet that worked well with the old API
writes the stake 0.92 in column S. Nonetheless the selection
is backed with 2 Euros!

Instead of a green on every selection I now have a red on
all other selections. Not much but it adds up when that
happens on many markets.
milfor

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:08 pm

milfor wrote:I will do that.

Another error that is even more worrying:

My greenup spreadsheet that worked well with the old API
writes the stake 0.92 in column S. Nonetheless the selection
is backed with 2 Euros!

Instead of a green on every selection I now have a red on
all other selections. Not much but it adds up when that
happens on many markets.

Seems to be working here. Do you have the same issue placing below minimum stake bets manually from the grid interface?
If you trigger this bet from a new spreadsheet by simply entering the back trigger and a below minimum stake does this problem occur?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Dave2626 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:24 pm

The bet reference and bet time column are not being overwritten in excel when a new market loads.
Dave2626

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Dave2626 wrote:The bet reference and bet time column are not being overwritten in excel when a new market loads.

When you linked to Excel did you have "Clear bet refs on auto select market" ticked?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements