Betting Assistant New Version

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Betting Assistant New Version

Postby mak » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:55 pm

Gary hi
I just got a call from Betfair. They told me that my bot is trying to Canel bets that are already matched and that is illegal !
I have in my bots an IF statement for CANCEL ALL or CANCELL-KO. sometimes the it happens to try to cancel a matched bet just because the if statement is true, however until know I didn’t had any problems with that. Probably something changed with the new aping code. Can you check it please?
thanks
mak

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:01 pm

[quote="mak"]Gary hi
I just got a call from Betfair. They told me that my bot is trying to Canel bets that are already matched and that is illegal !
[/quote]

Lol, how can they consider it illegal, plenty of times people will put in a cancel request only to find the bet has been matched in the delay between refreshes and submission. Haven't fully re-written my bots for the new API but I have bots that just send an array of any submitted bets for cancellation as it's quicker and more reliable than requesting matched/unmatched bets then submitting, hopefully they're not going to get petty with the new API
Captain Sensible

Postby forum1 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:15 pm

[quote="GaryRussell"]
Sorry I am still trying to replicate this issue. Can you send me a copy of the diagnostic log? Select “Open settings folder” from the options menu. You will find it in the “diagnostic logs” folder. Please email to admin@gruss-software.co.uk[/quote]

I just emailed you the diagnostic log.
forum1

Postby davez » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:30 am

While I now have this working ok I have to agree with the latency issues expressed by others here - this will be a disaster if Betfair dont have this sorted before Nov 10, hope they are aware.
davez

Postby Happy Harry » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 pm

Well guys I usually have a minimum of 8 sheets open and working simultaneously on Australian racing.

So I updated on one machine and not the other yesterday ... so had an old version running and a new version running on two different machines. That was not entirely successful due to a conflicted Excel File between the two machines in DropBox. Apart from that an issue with the Betfair results did not help things.

However on a very positive note. Today was only running one version - the new one - and it worked perfectly all day. Picked up all the old settings. Picked up the old Excel Log Multiple Worksheets and ran them perfectly. There seems to be an issue with some additional latency at the moment. Certainly there are longer recorded latencies with the new version than there were with the old but even so 1/2 a second compared to 120-140/150 ms is not going to be a huge issue.

Yep some outstanding issue from the betfair side of things but I am pretty happy today at having got through the day with a perfect run and perfect results.

Now all I need is an answer on how to update the QPick List without double betting things etc. Refer to the help pages as now two days in a row the QPick list is substantially altered during the day and that does cause some issues when pricing is referred to the projected SP and if a race is delayed by 35 minutes the projected SP is meaningless.

Otherwise. Pretty happy.

Good Stuff Gary. Just need a function to check the qpick list and update it if necessary before the spreadsheets fire.

HH
Happy Harry

Postby Castillo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Gary Russell wrote:

>I have added a global option to general preferences to roll up the stakes.
>The same setting applies to the grid, ladder and popup chart. Please let me know if this helps.

Hi Gary

I've installed the latest version, and by disabling the roll up stakes option the odds displayed in the grid interface are now correct and not disappearing when using the price history graph.

Regards
Castillo
Castillo

Postby Graham » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi, just a wee problem I am having with the new version and tick offset bets.
If I place a tick offset bet with filll or kill, and the bet is only partially matched before the remainder is cancelled, the tick offset bet is not placed (I have wait for full match ticked)
The previous version would place the tick offset bet when the remainder is cancelled, as the bet is then fully matched.
Am I right in thinking the new version should also work this way?
Thanks
Graham
Graham

Postby Graham » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:09 pm

and, sorry, another two things:
last price matched is completely out when a race finishes. Could be a problem for triggered bets for certain people when a market reopens for photo / stewards, or for those recording data;
excel log multiple sheets quick link needs to be rebuilt after updating, presumably this is something to do with the additional column regarding multi winner markets.
Graham

Postby fogosan » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Hi all,

I installed the newest version last week and with all 1.3 versions I am getting the same issue. Older versions behave differently.
My macro in excel sheet is set to cycle thru quick pick list using -1,-5,-8 triggers.

With new API BA versions my macro stop, when I move to market which was already closed.
In such case, in cell A1 is value " - 01:00 " and there are markets where is no update in excel.

When market is closed for long time, there is no connection with excel and I cannot remove market from QPL via triggers.

Does anybody else have similar issue or recommendation how to solve it?

Thaks.
fogosan

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:02 am

Graham wrote:Hi, just a wee problem I am having with the new version and tick offset bets.
If I place a tick offset bet with filll or kill, and the bet is only partially matched before the remainder is cancelled, the tick offset bet is not placed (I have wait for full match ticked)
The previous version would place the tick offset bet when the remainder is cancelled, as the bet is then fully matched.
Am I right in thinking the new version should also work this way?
Thanks
Graham

I am investigating.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:05 am

Graham wrote:and, sorry, another two things:
last price matched is completely out when a race finishes. Could be a problem for triggered bets for certain people when a market reopens for photo / stewards, or for those recording data;
excel log multiple sheets quick link needs to be rebuilt after updating, presumably this is something to do with the additional column regarding multi winner markets.

Betfair are working on a fix.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:07 am

fogosan wrote:Hi all,

I installed the newest version last week and with all 1.3 versions I am getting the same issue. Older versions behave differently.
My macro in excel sheet is set to cycle thru quick pick list using -1,-5,-8 triggers.

With new API BA versions my macro stop, when I move to market which was already closed.
In such case, in cell A1 is value " - 01:00 " and there are markets where is no update in excel.

When market is closed for long time, there is no connection with excel and I cannot remove market from QPL via triggers.

Does anybody else have similar issue or recommendation how to solve it?

Thaks.

I am investigating.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby ribofilio » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:12 am

Quick Question : With new API can we go back to 0.1 refresh rate or is 0.2 still the law .
ribofilio

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:24 am

ribofilio wrote:Quick Question : With new API can we go back to 0.1 refresh rate or is 0.2 still the law .

We are still only permitted to refresh 5 times per second on an individual market.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Castillo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:29 am

Hi Gary

In the old version I always used the option under the Accounts tab called 'Calculate Data Requests Allowed'
I never used it for what the title suggests but I used it to analyse the days betting because I trade in so many markets. It was a quick and simple way to see profit / loss on individual markets, with the ability to also check on previous days using the calendar.

I can't seem to find this option in the new version, am I looking in the wrong place?

Regards
Castillo
Castillo

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements