Betting Assistant New Version

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Betting Assistant New Version

Postby NorthView » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:42 pm

[quote="GaryRussell"][quote="NorthView"]Hi Gary/Mark,

With 1.3.07 when I cycle through a quick pick list of horse race win markets before the off, once a race has finished cell A2 isn't populated any more with the race details but with - 00:00, which stops the cycle through the races from continuing.

Please can this be fixed urgently as it's stopping me from betting?

Thanks.[/quote]
I have fixed this bug in version 1.3.0.12. Please install from the link below.

https://www.gruss1-software.co.uk/Betti ... istant.msi[/quote]
It seems to be working again after this fix. Thanks Gary.
NorthView

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:28 pm

N Counter wrote:Hi.

If I have pages open on the same market I can only get the money matched over time graph up on page one.

Thanks.

I can see the issue. I will fix it as soon as I can.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:29 pm

lNINl wrote:I've been using 1.3.0.12 and the closed markets not updating issue seems to have been resolved (thank you) except there is still the problem I posted a while ago in bug reports section viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8624 where a closed market will have no updating if there is time remaining til the scheduled off but will start updating and things can continue once the countdown has reached zero.

Sorry I may have misunderstood the issue originally. I will look at this again.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby mak » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:05 am

Gary or Mark
I just sent you a mail and PM. thanks
mak

Postby neeeel » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:19 pm

[quote="GaryRussell"][quote="neeeel"]hi, another thing I have noticed, in AUS markets at least, ba.cancelbet only cancels a bet if the market the bet is in is open in gruss. In the previous version, it would cancel the bet even if the market wasnt open.[/quote]
I'll look into it. Off the top of my head though it's probably because you have to pass the market id to the cancelOrders call where it wasn't required in the previous API.[/quote]

Hi, can you confirm that I need to add something to the call to cancelBet() , and if so what and where? or is it that you need to update the cancelBet function in gruss?
thanks
neil
neeeel

Postby mak » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:14 pm

Does anybody knows if data request limits exist in the api NG?
I think I read somewhere that it doesn't.
mak

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:45 pm

In the API NG documentation it states no data charges for API requests, still transaction charges.

Download the API docs and check out the overview section. Its the same docs as this link https://api.developer.betfair.com/servi ... ew/1212443
Captain Sensible

Postby mak » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Thanks Captain
So there is no need to set throttle request.
mak

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:34 pm

According to the docs there are no data charges , betfair impose limits on software providers to only make a Max of 5 calls a second per market so I guess that's their way if throttling calls for now.
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:49 am

neeeel wrote:
GaryRussell wrote:
neeeel wrote:hi, another thing I have noticed, in AUS markets at least, ba.cancelbet only cancels a bet if the market the bet is in is open in gruss. In the previous version, it would cancel the bet even if the market wasnt open.

I'll look into it. Off the top of my head though it's probably because you have to pass the market id to the cancelOrders call where it wasn't required in the previous API.

Hi, can you confirm that I need to add something to the call to cancelBet() , and if so what and where? or is it that you need to update the cancelBet function in gruss?
thanks
neil

I am adding an optional marketId parameter to cancelBet() which will be required if the market is not currently open. Unfortunately this is the only way to support this. I will release an update shortly.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:40 pm

osknows wrote:Hi Gary,

One bug I seem to have picked up on the Betfair side, a call to ba.getAllTradedVolume using the COM returns prices that are not Betfair ticks.

For example, previously this COM function would return exact tick values such as 3.0, 3.05, 3.1 etc but it's now returning prices such as 3.01, 3.07, 3.12 etc. This is right across the price range from 1.01 to 1000.

Os

I've been reviewing my code from the last version for API 6 and it did not consolidate the odds. It returned the odds as provided by the API. The code for the ladder interface did consolidate them which is evidence that API 6 returned the odds as you have seen. Are you absolutely sure about this? I am stumped.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:03 pm

It's probably markets with non runners Gary, where they've adjusted the odds for the reduction factor. You'd need to find a market with a material NR to replicate it I'd guess
Captain Sensible

Postby neeeel » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:00 pm

[quote="GaryRussell"][quote="neeeel"][quote="GaryRussell"][quote="neeeel"]hi, another thing I have noticed, in AUS markets at least, ba.cancelbet only cancels a bet if the market the bet is in is open in gruss. In the previous version, it would cancel the bet even if the market wasnt open.[/quote]
I'll look into it. Off the top of my head though it's probably because you have to pass the market id to the cancelOrders call where it wasn't required in the previous API.[/quote]

thanks
neil[/quote]
I am adding an optional marketId parameter to cancelBet() which will be required if the market is not currently open. Unfortunately this is the only way to support this. I will release an update shortly.[/quote]

ok, thanks
neeeel

Postby osknows » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:40 am

[quote="GaryRussell"][quote="osknows"]Hi Gary,

One bug I seem to have picked up on the Betfair side, a call to ba.getAllTradedVolume using the COM returns prices that are not Betfair ticks.

For example, previously this COM function would return exact tick values such as 3.0, 3.05, 3.1 etc but it's now returning prices such as 3.01, 3.07, 3.12 etc. This is right across the price range from 1.01 to 1000.

Os[/quote]
I've been reviewing my code from the last version for API 6 and it did not consolidate the odds. It returned the odds as provided by the API. The code for the ladder interface did consolidate them which is evidence that API 6 returned the odds as you have seen. Are you absolutely sure about this? I am stumped.[/quote]

Hi Gary,

Something has definitely changed at some point as the data used to be tick values which I used as a key to a dictionary. It may have been changed at some point on the old API6. Not to worry, I'll manually round to the nearest tick. Thanks for looking onto it.
Os
osknows

Postby welshlad » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi, a bug that occured in the old version is still happening in the latest (.13) version.

When viewing "Innings Runs" on a cricket match, then clicking on "225 runs or more" to bring up the Betfair price history graph, the whole program crashes.

It is happening right now on the SL v England game, does it every time

Thanks
welshlad

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements