Betting Assistant New Version

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Betting Assistant New Version

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:46 am

Happy Harry wrote:OK a couple of small items have reared their head. The betting in general is going OK but some long(ish) placement times. Problems are:-

1. The function to move monies between wallets on the "Account" Tab has disappeared. How do you now move money between the Australian and UK wallets?

2. In the results sheet previously some detail was available at bet placement including ref number, Horse name. Now the Horse Name, which confirmed that the bet was proessed is not appearing. Just the Bet Ref number with no detail. Not a biggie. The fields all correct populate after the market has been settled but the presettle information was useful.

Also, on the list of requests for this change was access to the overall Statement Information. Is that in the new version, either by access from com, not that I know how to do that yet, or better still directly into Excel?

Thanks

HH

The API function did not exist to transfer money between wallets at the time I did the bulk of the conversion so got left out unfortunately. I shall be adding this function back shortly.

There are no functions to access your account statement at present. We will see what we can do when all issues with this new version are sorted out.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby alrodopial » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:25 am

Garry/Mark please fix the below problem that made me stop betting
com - MarketDepth object returns prices at wrong order and some prices are missing
I use something like the below code to check if I get the correct prices from the object:

prices = MarketDepth(i).prices
UBoundPrices = UBound(prices)
If r = 7 Then ' (horse name)
Range("HI10:HM100").ClearContents
For t = 0 To UBoundPrices
Range("HI" & 20 + t) = prices(t).odds
Range("HJ" & 20 + t) = prices(t).backAmountAvailable
Range("HK" & 20 + t) = prices(t).layAmountAvailable
Range("HL" & 20 + t) = prices(t).totalBSPLayAmountAvailable
Range("HM" & 20 + t) = prices(t).totalBSPBackAmountAvailable
Next t

and compare them to the actual prices show at the price graph , like the below snapshot (pic5) or the two attached pictures (pic4 and pic5)

http://s484.photobucket.com/user/Diceso ... 5.png.html

ie the totalBSPLayAmountAvailable at the odds of 1000 and 10 (pic5) are at the wrong order and ie the layAmountAvailable at odds of 12.5 and 55 (pic5) are also at wrong order, (below the 1000 odds and below the 5.9 odds)
I have seen problems so far at those two fields, especially the totalBSPLayAmountAvailable at odds of 1000 .
Can you suggest a timeline that you will fix it? ( at least the totalBSPLayAmountAvailable problem)
Thanks
Attachments
PIC5.png
PIC5.png (105.53 KiB) Viewed 42239 times
PIC4.png
PIC4.png (107.79 KiB) Viewed 42239 times
alrodopial

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:25 am

[quote="GaryRussell"]I have released version 1.3.0.10 which removes TBP markets from the quick pick list. Please install from the link below.

https://www.gruss1-software.co.uk/Betti ... istant.msi[/quote]

Thanks Gary, are there any plans to have the program auto update any new versions as I'd imagine the new api is likely to bring up quite a few little quirks not w the format of the data changed
Captain Sensible

Postby alrodopial » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:29 am

Prices may not be missing but some are for sure at wrong order
alrodopial

Postby milfor » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:35 pm

The problem below minimum stakes is solved now.
Sorry that it took so long to test it but the needed circumstances didn't occur earlier.
milfor

Postby mengoneur » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:43 pm

No problem for those who use betting
... users of Betting Assistant to make fast scalping on horse races have encountered many situations of slowing down ...
...the cause is clear enough ...

The unnecessary update of all odds (1.01 to 1000) in real time on all the horses, creates a slow motion effect especially in races with many horses ... more participants there are and more slows.

This situation is not acceptable, especially because historically Betting Assistant software has always been the fastest of all ... it's sad to see ****** (without realtime refresh of all odds) go better ... but alas when there are more than 6 horses Betting assistant becomes very slow.
The proof is that by removing the "include market deep" the situation returns to normal.

So as already mentioned by several users, we ask our legendary Gary, to put the upgrade option on the depth of the market editable ...

Please Gary, to consider this factor of highest priority because if you do not know, betting assistant is the best product to make fast scalping. It 's the best also in other respects, but especially for those who want extreme speed.

Maybe this change will take some work, so if I may, I would like to suggest an instant solution ... When the option "include market deep" is removed, it updates only the first 3 levels .... well, delete the number 3 put the number 15 and we can test if go better... obviously just waiting for the definitive change :)

please Gary, tell us that you do it :)

bye
mengoneur

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:16 pm

mengoneur wrote:No problem for those who use betting
... users of Betting Assistant to make fast scalping on horse races have encountered many situations of slowing down ...
...the cause is clear enough ...

The unnecessary update of all odds (1.01 to 1000) in real time on all the horses, creates a slow motion effect especially in races with many horses ... more participants there are and more slows.

This situation is not acceptable, especially because historically Betting Assistant software has always been the fastest of all ... it's sad to see ****** (without realtime refresh of all odds) go better ... but alas when there are more than 6 horses Betting assistant becomes very slow.
The proof is that by removing the "include market deep" the situation returns to normal.

So as already mentioned by several users, we ask our legendary Gary, to put the upgrade option on the depth of the market editable ...

Please Gary, to consider this factor of highest priority because if you do not know, betting assistant is the best product to make fast scalping. It 's the best also in other respects, but especially for those who want extreme speed.

Maybe this change will take some work, so if I may, I would like to suggest an instant solution ... When the option "include market deep" is removed, it updates only the first 3 levels .... well, delete the number 3 put the number 15 and we can test if go better... obviously just waiting for the definitive change :)

please Gary, tell us that you do it :)

bye

I understand. I will make it a priority. I will release an update tomorrow that will let you specify the level of market depth so you can try 15 as you suggest. It will be a few more days before I can make it as before with separate market depth refresh.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:19 pm

alrodopial wrote:Garry/Mark please fix the below problem that made me stop betting
com - MarketDepth object returns prices at wrong order and some prices are missing
I use something like the below code to check if I get the correct prices from the object:

prices = MarketDepth(i).prices
UBoundPrices = UBound(prices)
If r = 7 Then ' (horse name)
Range("HI10:HM100").ClearContents
For t = 0 To UBoundPrices
Range("HI" & 20 + t) = prices(t).odds
Range("HJ" & 20 + t) = prices(t).backAmountAvailable
Range("HK" & 20 + t) = prices(t).layAmountAvailable
Range("HL" & 20 + t) = prices(t).totalBSPLayAmountAvailable
Range("HM" & 20 + t) = prices(t).totalBSPBackAmountAvailable
Next t

and compare them to the actual prices show at the price graph , like the below snapshot (pic5) or the two attached pictures (pic4 and pic5)

http://s484.photobucket.com/user/Diceso ... 5.png.html

ie the totalBSPLayAmountAvailable at the odds of 1000 and 10 (pic5) are at the wrong order and ie the layAmountAvailable at odds of 12.5 and 55 (pic5) are also at wrong order, (below the 1000 odds and below the 5.9 odds)
I have seen problems so far at those two fields, especially the totalBSPLayAmountAvailable at odds of 1000 .
Can you suggest a timeline that you will fix it? ( at least the totalBSPLayAmountAvailable problem)
Thanks

I will try to fix this by Monday.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby keesbart » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:14 pm

Market depth.
I have no problems at all with the speed of the ladder with full market depth. Today I did some scalping with 3 ladders and the speed was excellent.
The diiference can be that the non-UK residents are connected to the Malta Server of Betfair.
keesbart

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:18 pm

Any chance we also have the marketId sent to N3 in the new NG-API format too , should make life easier all round.
Captain Sensible

Postby mengoneur » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:59 pm

[quote="keesbart"]Market depth.
I have no problems at all with the speed of the ladder with full market depth. Today I did some scalping with 3 ladders and the speed was excellent.
The diiference can be that the non-UK residents are connected to the Malta Server of Betfair.[/quote]

THX for your feedback. I inform you that malta was removed in gennuary of 2012. Anyway, you must consider that not all have a great connection as you, then recieve more data from betfair is a problem and many times the effect is the slowmotion... I use Betting assistant from many years and never get any problem like this... in the past week, I tested the differences from BA NG vs API6 and the differences was big...
from Monday API NG go better but not enough. Consider that exist customers that connect from russia, india, portugal, brazil romania ecc... so I think that reduce that data-paket is better for all. Anyway, the great Gary, will do this modification and all can decide the weith of charge of data that prefer.
mengoneur

Postby mak » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:41 am

Gary please consider to add at each new version that we have to download the number of the version. eg 1.3.0.10
Thanks
mak

Postby mak » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:44 am

....and please also confirm that at the 1 post of this thread whenever we download a revised version of BA will be the latest
thanks Gary
mak

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:34 am

mengoneur wrote:
keesbart wrote:Market depth.
The diiference can be that the non-UK residents are connected to the Malta Server of Betfair.

THX for your feedback. I inform you that malta was removed in gennuary of 2012. Anyway, you must consider that not all have a great connection as you, then recieve more data from betfair is a problem and many times the effect is the slowmotion... I use Betting assistant from many years and never get any problem like this... in the past week, I tested the differences from BA NG vs API6 and the differences was big...
from Monday API NG go better but not enough. Consider that exist customers that connect from russia, india, portugal, brazil romania ecc... so I think that reduce that data-paket is better for all. Anyway, the great Gary, will do this modification and all can decide the weith of charge of data that prefer.

I have added the option in ladder preferences to specify depth when full depth not selected. You can choose between 3 and 50. Only these prices are sent by the API so will save bandwidth. Please let me know if it helps.

Please install version 1.3.0.11 from https://www.gruss1-software.co.uk/Betti ... istant.msi
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby mengoneur » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:36 am

well done Gary! Today I will tell you if all is comeback speed. THX
mengoneur

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements