Betting Assistant New Version

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Betting Assistant New Version

Postby Castillo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:57 pm

Gary Russell wrote:

>Is it possible to send some screenshots to admin@gruss-software.co.uk to illustrate this problem?

Hi Gary

I've sent you an email with some screenshots.

Regards
Castillo
Castillo

Postby aussielong » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:50 pm

I have gone back to the old version- for a s long as i can .

i have found that the new version, for whatever reason, runs extremely slow and is unusable for me.
aussielong

Postby aussielong » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:54 pm

[quote="aussielong"]I have gone back to the old version- for a s long as i can .

i have found that the new version, for whatever reason, runs extremely slow and is unusable for me.[/quote]

i should have also said - it make my excel linking program also run extremely slow as well.
aussielong

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:12 pm

aussielong wrote:
aussielong wrote:I have gone back to the old version- for a s long as i can .

i have found that the new version, for whatever reason, runs extremely slow and is unusable for me.

i should have also said - it make my excel linking program also run extremely slow as well.

Well unfortunately that version will stop working on 10-Nov-2014

Let's hope the latency issues get better before then.
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby aussielong » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:00 pm

[quote="MarkRussell"][quote="aussielong"][quote="aussielong"]I have gone back to the old version- for a s long as i can .

i have found that the new version, for whatever reason, runs extremely slow and is unusable for me.[/quote]

i should have also said - it make my excel linking program also run extremely slow as well.[/quote]

Well unfortunately that version will stop working on 10-Nov-2014

Let's hope the latency issues get better before then.[/quote]

yes i know - but what can i do.
i have a situation where, what was once working perfect, now has become a big problem.
aussielong

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:42 am

GaryRussell wrote:
Castillo wrote:> Just installed the new version 1.3.0.1
> The problem I'm having is if you view a market (Grid Interface), let's say 22:40 Penn it's showing no under £2 bets. If you then click a selection
> name to see the price history graph the under £2 bets are displayed, however when you close the graph they disappear.

Gary,

Did you manage to replicate this error, was it fixed in 1.3.0.2?

Cheers
Castillo

Is it possible to send some screenshots to admin@gruss-software.co.uk to illustrate this problem?

Thanks for the screenshot. In grid view the stakes are "rolled up". eg. £1 @ 1.56 and £2 @ 1.55 will show £3 @ 1.55
When the price history is displayed it requests full market depth instead of best 3 prices. API-NG does not roll up stakes when full market depth is requested. We can add an option to grid preferences to roll up the stakes to a specific stake or not at all if you want to see below minimum stakes. We shall do this in the next release.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby forum1 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:29 am

I've reinstalled the new version. I am facing the same problems that I wrote about on Fri Oct31st (before noon) with my posts in this thread .

I am trying to describe better.

There are currently two soccer games played live. I have opened 5 tabs. 1st one blank, 2nd first live game match odds, 3rd second live game match odds, 4th match odds of a game that will kick off in 20mins and 5th tab match odds of another game that will kick off in 20mins. I'm trying to place manually bets (Verify Bets checked). My bets go through in the 4th and 5th tab (games haven't started). My bets in 2nd and 3rd tab don't get placed but I get the message underneath
Processing... Bet will be placed in 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 second(s). This delay is imposed by Betfair.
and freezes at 0 seconds.

My stakes are 10 pounds or 50 pounds. There are sufficient funds in my account. There is nothing written in the transaction log for my bets that didn't go through.
forum1

Postby Castillo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:35 am

Gary Russell wrote:

>Thanks for the screenshot. In grid view the stakes are "rolled up". eg. £1 @ 1.56 and £2 @ 1.55 will show £3 @ 1.55
>When the price history is displayed it requests full market depth instead of best 3 prices. API-NG does not roll up stakes when full market depth is >requested. We can add an option to grid preferences to roll up the stakes to a specific stake or not at all if you want to see below minimum stakes. >We shall do this in the next release.

Hi Gary

Thanks for the reply.
So in the old version, the grid only displayed bets over £2 and the price history graph retrieved the full market depth. In the New Version (API-NG) both the grid interface and the price history graph is showing the full market depth. But because stakes are rolled up in the grid interface only by clicking the price history graph it displayed in the grid the full market depth with new odds instead of the rolled up stakes.
These then would disappear when the price history graph is closed. Because I'm linked to Excel these fluctuating odds were causing chaos.

You have mentioned in the new release to include an option not to roll up stakes, would the grid interface and price history graph function as they did in the old version?

It would be great to have the option for the user to display bets in the grid interface over a selected stake value which could be amended in preferences.
So if I wanted to ignore the penny bets, but show odds in the grid interface with a stake over £1 I would set the value in preferences. If I wanted to just show bets over £2 as per the website I would amend the value to £2. Gary, is this possible?

Cheers
Castillo
Castillo

Postby forum1 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:08 pm

I'm continuing my description from two posts ago.

The games in 4th and 5th tab have started and bets can't go through in these tabs now.
forum1

Postby Remi69 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:36 pm

I have not received the answer to the problem that I found (I do not see the whole depth) start to have major concerns,
I would like at least someone to answer me
regards
Remi69

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:52 pm

Remi69 wrote:I have not received the answer to the problem that I found (I do not see the whole depth) start to have major concerns,
I would like at least someone to answer me
regards

Apologies we have been very busy dealing with unforeseen issues. I think I have fixed this problem. Please install version 1.3.0.3 from the link below and let me know if it works.

https://www.gruss1-software.co.uk/Betti ... istant.msi
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Castillo wrote:Gary Russell wrote:

>Thanks for the screenshot. In grid view the stakes are "rolled up". eg. £1 @ 1.56 and £2 @ 1.55 will show £3 @ 1.55
>When the price history is displayed it requests full market depth instead of best 3 prices. API-NG does not roll up stakes when full market depth is >requested. We can add an option to grid preferences to roll up the stakes to a specific stake or not at all if you want to see below minimum stakes. >We shall do this in the next release.

Hi Gary

Thanks for the reply.
So in the old version, the grid only displayed bets over £2 and the price history graph retrieved the full market depth. In the New Version (API-NG) both the grid interface and the price history graph is showing the full market depth. But because stakes are rolled up in the grid interface only by clicking the price history graph it displayed in the grid the full market depth with new odds instead of the rolled up stakes.
These then would disappear when the price history graph is closed. Because I'm linked to Excel these fluctuating odds were causing chaos.

You have mentioned in the new release to include an option not to roll up stakes, would the grid interface and price history graph function as they did in the old version?

It would be great to have the option for the user to display bets in the grid interface over a selected stake value which could be amended in preferences.
So if I wanted to ignore the penny bets, but show odds in the grid interface with a stake over £1 I would set the value in preferences. If I wanted to just show bets over £2 as per the website I would amend the value to £2. Gary, is this possible?

Cheers
Castillo

I have added a global option to general preferences to roll up the stakes. The same setting applies to the grid, ladder and popup chart. Please let me know if this helps.

Please install version 1.3.0.3 from https://www.gruss1-software.co.uk/Betti ... istant.msi
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Remi69 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:32 pm

everything ok with version 1.3.0 I can see the whole depth
Ty and regards
Remi69

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:03 pm

forum1 wrote:I've reinstalled the new version. I am facing the same problems that I wrote about on Fri Oct31st (before noon) with my posts in this thread .

I am trying to describe better.

There are currently two soccer games played live. I have opened 5 tabs. 1st one blank, 2nd first live game match odds, 3rd second live game match odds, 4th match odds of a game that will kick off in 20mins and 5th tab match odds of another game that will kick off in 20mins. I'm trying to place manually bets (Verify Bets checked). My bets go through in the 4th and 5th tab (games haven't started). My bets in 2nd and 3rd tab don't get placed but I get the message underneath
Processing... Bet will be placed in 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 second(s). This delay is imposed by Betfair.
and freezes at 0 seconds.

My stakes are 10 pounds or 50 pounds. There are sufficient funds in my account. There is nothing written in the transaction log for my bets that didn't go through.

Sorry I am still trying to replicate this issue. Can you send me a copy of the diagnostic log? Select “Open settings folder” from the options menu. You will find it in the “diagnostic logs” folder. Please email to admin@gruss-software.co.uk
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Happy Harry » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:45 am

Well I updated today on a second machine doing some small bets. Come close off. What a disaster. The normal close off routines are not working. No idea what that problem is yet but the results sheets are not loading into the results file. Will track down what the issue is but the old version and the new version don't like each other.

Not helped by the way by those useless people in Betfair not being able to provide a simple excel "Account Statement Function" for Australia. I have been asking now for months but no dice. No idea whether there is one that works for the UK Statements.

Now the second hour in terms of trying to figure out why the reconciliation functions that have worked for years have now fallen over. Pissed off. You bet.

HH
Happy Harry

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements