Betting Assistant New Version

Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Betting Assistant New Version

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:19 pm

KESIMKESIM wrote:Hi Gary/Mark,

I have the same problem as Davez.

BA now 'shows' sub £1 money available on the screen against the odds. For example if 46p is available at odds of 29 then the BA screen will show 29, but will be blank for the amount of money. On the spreadsheet that I attach to the market it would show BOTH the odds and the money available as zero, i.e. that would be in columns B, C or D, E or F, G for whichever horse it is. I hope I've explained this o.k.?!

I presume this must be some kind of 'market depth' setting or something on the new API which needs putting into the new version of BA.

Grateful if you can advise whether it is something that can be tweaked at your end or else I'll have to figure a way round it in my code.

In the short term I'll just have to go back to the old version.

Many Thanks.

It's the rounding of decimals in grid preferences. The rounded amounts are exported to Excel. Change it to 2 decimal places and that solves this issue. I have just uploaded version 1.3.0.1 which rounds anything below £1 to £1 when decimal places is zero.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:21 pm

forum1 wrote:Installed new version, but can't place new bets.

I'm trying to do so manually in in-play soccer markets and I have the indication : Processing... Bet will be placed in 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 second(s). and there nothing happens.

Are there any error messages in the transaction log in the accounts menu? Does it happen with both below and above minimum stakes?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby forum1 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:36 pm

GaryRussell wrote:
> Are there any error messages in the transaction log in the accounts menu? Does it
> happen with both below and above minimum stakes?

there are no error messages, as they were never placed. Stakes are normal for me (5 or 10 or 50 pounds), through verify bets tab. Where are minimum stakes defined?
forum1

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:44 pm

forum1 wrote:GaryRussell wrote:
> Are there any error messages in the transaction log in the accounts menu? Does it
> happen with both below and above minimum stakes?

there are no error messages, as they were never placed. Stakes are normal for me (5 or 10 or 50 pounds), through verify bets tab. Where are minimum stakes defined?

The bets not being placed should not mean there isn't an entry in the transaction log. If you try to place a bet with insufficient funds for example it will be in the transaction log with an error message. If you try again now and then immediately check the log and find no entry then it's something I will need to investigate further.

Minimum stakes are not defined by the application. Betfair specify that the minimum stake for UK users is £2. If you try to place a bet below £2 on their website you will not be able to do so. You can with Betting Assistant as it uses "loophole" involving more than one transaction to place the bet.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby forum1 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:57 pm

there are sufficient funds and stakes are higher than 2 pounds each. transaction log is unchanged.
forum1

Postby forum1 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:48 pm

I went back to my previous version (1.1.0.66x84)
forum1

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:18 pm

forum1 wrote:I went back to my previous version (1.1.0.66x84)

That version will stop working on 10th November.
I will see if I can get it to log the problem next time.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby davez » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:44 am

[quote="GaryRussell"]It's the rounding of decimals in grid preferences. The rounded amounts are exported to Excel. Change it to 2 decimal places and that solves this issue. I have just uploaded version 1.3.0.1 which rounds anything below £1 to £1 when decimal places is zero.[/quote]

Re-installed the latest version today & is working without any issues over the last couple of hours on Aussie races, thanks for the quick fix Gary/Mark.
davez

Postby Castillo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi Gary / Mark

Just installed the new version 1.3.0.1

The problem I'm having is if you view a market (Grid Interface), let's say 22:40 Penn it's showing no under £2 bets. If you then click a selection name to see the price history graph the under £2 bets are displayed, however when you close the graph they disappear.

Because I'm linked to Excel, I've reinstalled the old version 1.1.0.66x82.

Cheers
Castillo
Castillo

Postby lNINl » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:54 pm

I've been encountering problems with the new version when sometimes closed markets linked to excel will have no updating happening, But at other times at least Cell B2 will be updating. If there is no updating at all my excel bot can't skip the market. Some updating is necessary for the program to continue.

I haven't been able to work out when or why there is this inconsistency with the updating of closed markets but I have been able to recreate the problem by going randomly between closed and open markets in the quick pick list.

Thanks
lNINl

Postby ianb » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:03 pm

hi there
ive just installed the new version. ive got it to work ok but it wont seem to load up any markets into the quick pick list. All the markets load up as usual in the main markets section but the quick pick is completely empty even though i have ticked UK and Irish horse race win markets. could you please let me know if there is something else i need to do.
Many thanks
ian
ianb

Postby mak » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:22 pm

[quote="lNINl"]I've been encountering problems with the new version when sometimes closed markets linked to excel will have no updating happening, But at other times at least Cell B2 will be updating. If there is no updating at all my excel bot can't skip the market. Some updating is necessary for the program to continue.

I haven't been able to work out when or why there is this inconsistency with the updating of closed markets but I have been able to recreate the problem by going randomly between closed and open markets in the quick pick list.

Thanks[/quote]

+1
mak

Postby LuckyYou » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:41 pm

Hello. I am proffessional Betfair trader from 3 years now with over 100k profits. I find the API very slugish, slow and insufficient. I am very dissapointed!

I have a very big problems with the new API NG.
The new Version Doesn't show That my bets are matched instantly - it waits like 1-2 SECONDS - verry sluggish and slow.. As you may understand - I don't know if my bet is matched or not - someone come - match my bet - but it TAKES 1-2 SECONDS for me to see it because the API doesn't show that it is matched. So I can't react - IT SLOWS MY REACTION WITH AGES. After I see its matched after 1-2 seconds I put to close my bet - but agian it doesn't show it instantly like the old API!!! So I am confused, slowed and I can't trade and make money. This is very disturbing! Also the response time of the API is up with 10-20 ms!!!!!
Also it opens markets very slow, the program itself is very sluggish too!
THIS IS SLOWING THE TRADE - ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO TRADE LIKE THAT AND I AM LOSING MONEY.

This is what I wrote to Betfair :
So please - until we are absolutely sure that we can trade as the old API - Please don't shut down the old Betfair API. Please make the New API NG and old Paralel until everything is fine. Like you are doing with the OLD BETFAIR website and the NEW One. Please make the OLD and the NEW API paralel, don't shut down the old - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. This is is Insane!
As a customers we have to be satisfied from the service you provide. I am satisfied with the old API and absolutely not satisfied from the API NG. So please, just make the old and the new API paralel so we could you the old one as well - don't shut it down - its so much better from performance point of view! Please!

Garry - you see too that there is too much of a problems and bugs that haven't been fixed on the new API NG - PLEASE COULD YOU ASK BETFAIR NOT TO SHUT DOWN THE OLD API. THIS IS INSANE!
LuckyYou

Postby LuckyYou » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Please - to all who have problems with the new API - write to betfair not to shut down the old one, because the will shut it down if we don't write them! The e-mail to API team is bdp@betfair.com - write to them not to shut down the old API but make the old and new one paralel - like the old website and the new one! Until all bugs are fixed! Please do that - we will be so f*** up if they shut down the old one!
LuckyYou

Postby methodman » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:03 pm

Gary

When updating I have found that my Profiles are no longer present. Having recreated the profile I then find my Excel multiple sheet details are no longer present and have had to be set up again.

I have another server to update and would like to be able to save this data as there are many sheets to set up.

thanks
John
methodman

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements