Custom Columns: Current Odds & Offset Opposing Odds

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Custom Columns: Current Odds & Offset Opposing Odds

Postby wesdag » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:52 am

Hi,

Could someone explain what happens when Current Odds is selected in a Custom Column & Offset Opposing Odds is selected?

For example, what happens if: I LAY at Current Odds of 10,

with Offset Opposing Odds ticked,

& with Offset Odds by Ticks set to -10.

Many thanks
wesdag

Re: Custom Columns: Current Odds & Offset Opposing Odds

Postby wesdag » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:11 pm

What I really want to know is, is it possible using Custom Columns to place a LAY bet a few ticks above the Current Odds so as to improve the chances of getting fully matched?

Thanks
wesdag

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:30 pm

The custom columns work as so

If your odds are set to custom odds it will use the current best back odds as the odds the bet is submitted as, if you also click offset opposing odds it will use the best lay odds as the price. You can then decide how many ticks you want the price to be offset by , either positive or negative.

So when you say

wesdag wrote:Hi,

For example, what happens if: I LAY at Current Odds of 10,

with Offset Opposing Odds ticked,

& with Offset Odds by Ticks set to -10.

Many thanks

It kind of depends on what that current odds of 10 refers to , for simplicity we'll assume that's the current best price on the exchange to Lay and the best price to back is 9.8 so our starting point is

9.4 - 9.6 - 9.8 || 10.0 - 10.5 -11.0

You ticking offset odds selects the 10 as the starting point , offsetting the odds by -10 means the price will be 10 ticks less than that price 10 i.e. 8.0 which appears to be the opposite of what you want.

If it was me I wouldn't select offset opposing odds as there can sometimes be large gaps and the odds you offer could be very big, in order for you to lay best price you'd just use positive Offset Odds by Ticks.

Just play around with the columns as they'll show you the prices they're going to lay at inside the box and you can always use the verify bet option ticked until you're happy how it all works and use liability options rather than stake options to fix the liability of your bets.
Captain Sensible

Postby wesdag » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Many thanks for your reply Captain.

Ok, so in the example you gave, if the current lay price is 10, and I want to get fully matched so I opt to LAY at 11,

I'd then put 2 in the Offset Odds by Ticks box

& leave the Offset Opposing Odds box unticked?
wesdag

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:20 pm

In the example I gave

9.4 - 9.6 - 9.8 || 10.0 - 10.5 -11.0

You need to offset by 3 ticks to lay at 11 because your starting odds would be the best back price 9.8.

If you wanted to lay using the best lay price of 10 you'd choose offset opposing odds and use 2 ticks. Only reason I wouldn't personally want to use the offset opposing odds price is because in fast moving markets the spread can be quite large and using the best lay price of 9.8 would mean you're always going to be laying at best price into the market so should hopefully be taken. In a relatively static market it obviously wouldn't be a problem but in running may be.
Captain Sensible

Postby wesdag » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:22 pm

Thanks for that Captain, much appreciated.
wesdag

Postby pellleg » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi
Loos money. :wink:
First time yesterday Custom Colums.
Paul Bent used betting assistant,
http://www.***********.com/******/
If you rolled down there is 2 videos.
Look on the videos. You can not se his settings.
I think they are in Custom Clums.
Is there anyone who knows the settings.
PerG 8)

Edited by Moderator - Please feel free to come back and try to ask your
question without using a direct link to a sales page (£297), thank you...
pellleg

Return to Discussion