Is betfair down?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Is betfair down?

Postby bolpx001 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:59 pm

Hi All
Just checked my filly automated bot and it reports a zero balance, tried to log on to betfair and it seems to be down anybody know what gives - best regards Paul
bolpx001

Re: Is betfair down?

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Betfair always goes down around xmas, seems to be a regular occurence. Thankfully I didn't have any open positions.
Captain Sensible

Postby bolpx001 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:12 pm

I may have open positions but that should not be too much of a problem. The issue is the balance is showing zero and I don't know if the bot has gone mad and lost the lot or if it is just betfair, In the past it has happened that the bot bet the lot but I was in time to fix the damage, I have also had betfair go down and show a zero balance and for everything to be OK when it came back. Glad I have a good strong heart coz I nearly passed out when I saw the zero balance. The betting bank is money I can afford to lose but it would take a long time to build it back up to current levels and I definitely don't want to lose two grand for no good reason - still rattling - best regards Paul
bolpx001

Postby mrangry » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi Paul

Same issue with zero balance here so guess (and hope) its Betfair and not the bot.

Regards

Rob
mrangry

Postby bolpx001 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:28 pm

Thanks Rob, fingers crossed - Paul
bolpx001

Postby bolpx001 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:35 pm

This twitter site might help
https://twitter.com/BetfairCS
bolpx001

Postby vanbuuts » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:05 pm

Same zero balance for me :?
vanbuuts

Postby bolpx001 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:28 pm

Hi All - Betfair is back and all in all for me at least a profitable day but it could just as easy have been disastrous. Also I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the zero balance. Why show a zero balance, would a n/a (not available) have been much better and avoided extreme distress to a lot of people. As far as I can see the bookies, including Betfair, ride rough-shod over their customers with restricted accounts, closed accounts and zero information; not to mention a total lack of accountability -sorry for the rant, I just get so annoyed with been taken for a total mug- best regards Paul
bolpx001

Return to Discussion