Sliding Stop Loss

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Sliding Stop Loss

Postby vigliani.gaspare » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:37 pm

Good evening. I have a problem with Sliding Stop Loss. The problem lies in the fact that (played in Lay) if the share goes up I void with all the other horses, while if it lowers it gives me the loss of the Stop Loss. Another problem is that Sliding also enters when my horse goes out of the race and its quota becomes 1000 in back and 0 in Lay giving me the loss even if I would have won
Attachments
sliding.jpg
Sliding
sliding.jpg (254.89 KiB) Viewed 8809 times
vigliani.gaspare

Re: Sliding Stop Loss

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:10 am

It was not triggered at 1000, it was triggered at 160. The problem is that to place a back bet below 1000 it has to initially place a back bet at 1000 for minimum stake. The market moved fast so this bet was matched and the update to 160 could not be completed. This is always a risk with below minimum stakes especially if something happens quickly like falling at a hurdle.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:58 pm

Has the program been coded to take into account
GaryRussell wrote:.............. The problem is that to place a back bet below 1000 it has to initially place a back bet at 1000 for minimum stake. ............

Has the program been coded to take into account the new "min bet payout" parameter that allows sub £2 bets if they're £10 payouts? I see it would apply to the above as they're below but just wondering if it's been added in.
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:36 am

Captain Sensible wrote:Has the program been coded to take into account
GaryRussell wrote:.............. The problem is that to place a back bet below 1000 it has to initially place a back bet at 1000 for minimum stake. ............

Has the program been coded to take into account the new "min bet payout" parameter that allows sub £2 bets if they're £10 payouts? I see it would apply to the above as they're below but just wondering if it's been added in.

Good point. The latest version would have placed the bet in one transaction.

@vigliani.gaspare: If you update to the latest version you can avoid this issue if the profit or liability is £10 or more. See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10001
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Discussion