Struggling with Dobbing bot

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Struggling with Dobbing bot

Postby mikeythemachine » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:56 pm

Hello all. I am looking for a bit of help. I have been using the bot found here http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9571 for dobbing but I am trying to alter it so it only backs and lays horses over 10 bsp. Been struggling for 2 days now and can't seem to get it right.

P.S I am rubbish with Excel but learning fast (the hard way) :-)

Thanks in advance
mikeythemachine

Re: Struggling with Dobbing bot

Postby alrodopial » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:04 am

Hi,
change the "2.02" to "10" inside formulas in column R - cells R5 and down till R50
alrodopial

Postby mikeythemachine » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:36 pm

Firstly thank you for the reply. I tried the suggestion and now it just sets the back bet at 10 rather than at bsp. The lay bet however still comes in at half bsp in running. I am trying to completely omit any selections under 10 bsp. It is driving me crazy haha :-)
mikeythemachine

Postby alrodopial » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:04 pm

the 10 that you see is the min BSP odds that been asked for the selection
So the bot actually does not omits the particular selection but asks for certain min BSP odds
If the actual BSP of the selection is below 10 your bet is not accepted
same result as like if selection was omitted
On the other hand what you ask for can not be done by "directly omitting" a selection
because before the actual start of the race you don't know the BSP (you want >10) AND you must place the bet at this time (before the actual off)
You archive what you want by accepting bets only if odds>10
alrodopial

Postby alrodopial » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:10 pm

opps , there is also 2.02 that need to changed into 10 in formulas in column Q
Sorry for that
alrodopial

Postby mikeythemachine » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:12 pm

Ah cool

I will give that a try

Thanks again
mikeythemachine

Postby mikeythemachine » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:25 pm

Well A couple of races in and that seems to have done the trick.

Alrodopial....I am really grateful for the help and your time. Thank you so much. I might get some sleep tonight now :-)
mikeythemachine

Postby vanbuuts » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:38 pm

Word of warning, if you plan on doing this blindly (on all races where a horses odds > 10) it will lose you alot of money
vanbuuts

Postby mikeythemachine » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Hello All. Back again and retrying this bot. Is it possible to only back between 2.02 and 4 at SP? Been trying all afternoon so am a few 2 quids down haha :D
mikeythemachine

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:17 pm

You can only set a minimum limit when backing at BSP, not an upper limit. So you could set the BSP to only accept bets above 2.02 buut to limit your bets to 4 you'd probably have to submit them as close to the off as possible and only send bets where the current odds or predicted BSP was 4 and under.
Captain Sensible

Postby mikeythemachine » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:52 pm

OK thank you. So is it possible to do it at 5 seconds before the off? I was hoping to set this on a morning as I won't be around to check the prices.
mikeythemachine

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Yes you can just have gruss enter the market at a set time before the off and amend your trigger so it fires 5 seconds before the off . the time to the off is sent to cell D2 so it's easy to reference, there are a few examples on the forum of timed bets
Captain Sensible

Postby mikeythemachine » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:36 pm

Yeah sorry for being a bit thick with this stuff. I had that bit sorted earlier....the problem was it was placing bets at any price and not stopping at 4 even when I had the trigger as BACK and not BACKSP. This is the code... =IF(AE5="Y",IF(AND($Z$2="Not In Play",T5="",$AB$2<=10),"BACK",IF(AND($Z$2="In Play",$AA$1>5,T5="",Y5>=2.02<=4),"LAY","")),"") I'm sure it is a simple case of user error :-)
mikeythemachine

Postby vanbuuts » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:00 pm

Interesting video on finding dobbing selections https://youtu.be/ryI5J8Pt3G0
vanbuuts

Return to Discussion