In-play trigger

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

In-play trigger

Postby octobergirl » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:25 pm

Thought i would ask here first , as there may well be a readymade example on here somewhere.

I need a trigger to check horse prices one minute before off and place an inplay bet at whatever price i choose on horse/s depending if they are within a price range of my choosing at one minute before off.
octobergirl

Re: In-play trigger

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:49 pm

Have a look at the example here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3557 , shouldn't be too hard to tweak it or at the very least it'll show how to match up a list of bets
Captain Sensible

Postby octobergirl » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:58 pm

Thanks CS igive that a look
octobergirl

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:18 pm

No problem, if you get stuck most people on here are very helpful

You can set the program to enter the market 1 minute before the off check your odds range and use the -IP trigger modifier to place any bets and keep them inplay. If you understand a little excel it's a lot easier than it first appears as all the info you need is being sent to the excel sheet
Captain Sensible

Postby octobergirl » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:45 am

Have been playing around with this place_bets sheet.

Could not get bets placed.

As an experiment i concentrated on just one race this morning , and enterered 2 bets for the same horse , i placed one bet out of order and one in order according to the betfair listing.The bet that lined up on the spreadsheet with the betfair listing was placed the one out of order was not placed.

The vlookup selection formula does not seem to work.

Any help here?

Also, what i really want to do is place in-play lay bets which will be lower odds than those referenced to trigger a bet,if the trigger could reference a minimum Betfair SP that would be ideal,if not a pre-off odds range reference would be a useful alternative.
octobergirl

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:49 pm

I didn't realise Gary's changed the sheet, might be easier to use the sheet he'd previously posted here http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Excel/Place_Bets.xls
rather than one doing other things also.

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Excel/E ... etting.htm
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:57 pm

octobergirl wrote:Have been playing around with this place_bets sheet.

The vlookup selection formula does not seem to work.

Any help here?

Also, what i really want to do is place in-play lay bets which will be lower odds than those referenced to trigger a bet,if the trigger could reference a minimum Betfair SP that would be ideal,if not a pre-off odds range reference would be a useful alternative.

The Vlookup should work as long as the names match exactly with the way Betfair have them.

Not sure what you mean by the rest, BA can export the Betfair SP to the sheet as an additional column when you link the spreadsheet so you can easy reference than and the status whether then market is in play also gets sent to the spreadsheet.
Captain Sensible

Postby octobergirl » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:23 am

Thanks for attempt to help Captain.

Unfortunately this sheet is stuck on " 60 seconds to start" so i cant test it this morning.

Also worksheet name does not give "Market" only sheets 1.2.3
octobergirl

Postby octobergirl » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:31 am

Also just noticed that there are no formulae on that sheet.
octobergirl

Postby StuT » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:00 pm

I've just downloaded the one that CS has suggested and it has 'Market' and 'Selections' as the worksheet names.
StuT

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Have you dowloaded the same sheet? The one on this page

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Excel/E ... etting.htm

the formulas are there for me.

I think you'd still need to use it more as a template to make your own sheet rather than try and use it as is especially as you'd want the BSP data on there and that'd overwrite some formulas. It was always made as an example rather than working model by Gary mainly to show how to use VLOOKUP to match up your horse details with the market details.

Probably alot simpler to make your own to exactly what you want it to do if you understand how VLOOKUP works
Captain Sensible

Postby octobergirl » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:44 pm

Thanks again for your help people.

I will have to play around with it.

Can you tell me how to get the BSP prices in a sheet?
octobergirl

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:17 pm

When you connect betting assistant to excelon the left hand side of the option to choose the spreadsheet there are tick boxes to add additional columns, SP is the first box and will stick the SP data into the column Y on your spreadsheet.
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:20 pm

Forgot to mention you'll probably need "enable trigger betting" ticked for the columns to show

Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:58 pm

Had time this morning to tweak Gary's spreadsheet so it'll include the BSP, it does have some VBA just to generate a valid odds increment.

Here's a link http://www.mediafire.com/file/ow1idq71i ... .xlsm/file

I've no idea what odds etc you're trying to bet at but it might be useful as some starting point to show how you can use VLOOKUP and extra columns to decide if to bet.

All the sheet does is bring over any matching selections to columns Z , AA and AC and then calculates lays odds as a third of the BSP. Column AD then displays either Yes or No depending on if some criteria is met, at the moment it just checks a few things for it to be yes

the market is "In Play" - the BSP is only decided at the off
the market is not suspended - no point placing bets into a suspended market
The BSP is below or equal to the minimum set on the selection sheet

If all are met the column AD will display "Yes"

The trigger column is set to look for a "Yes" and if so will display the trigger you set in column AA1 , I've set it as placebets just so you can see the sheet working but obviously you set it to whatever lay trigger you want displayed LAY-PL100 or whatever.
Captain Sensible

Next

Return to Discussion