In-play trigger

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: In-play trigger

Postby octobergirl » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:04 am

Thank you for your kindness Captain.

Was considering changing vlookup with index,match. Will see how this goes first.

If i still have problems matching selections , i will try hooking up to each race and copy/pasting runners in every race to a seperate spreadsheet,thereby getting an exact copy of runners as gruss is projecting them.

It is possible that the selections i input are not a pure text string somehow, but if so it puzzles me as to how i get a match when the runner and selection are on the same row.

Still, we will see.

Thanks again.
octobergirl

Postby octobergirl » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Right ,i will keep this to a simple step at a time, as i am getting nowhere fast.

First off where on the sheet should i put the list of horses i might want to put an in-play lay bet on.

I should say here that i may have as many as 300 horses on my list of possibles , each with a minimum BSP price as a trigger reference.

Thanks for any help that the Captain and anyone else can give.
octobergirl

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:19 pm

There's a worksheet called Selection which is where you'd enter any horses, the other sheet is called Market which is where BA connects to and that checks the Selection worksheet for the runners.

The market sheet only checks 50 cells at the moment so you'd need to change any vlookup references so it checks however many selections you may enter

So Cell Z5 contains
Code: Select all
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A5,Selections!$A$2:$B$50,1,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP($A5,Selections!$A$2:$B$50,1,FALSE))

you'd need to amend that to the following and drag it down to cell Z50 to replace the old formulas

Code: Select all
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A5,Selections!$A$2:$B$500,1,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP($A5,Selections!$A$2:$B$500,1,FALSE))

So it now checks all the way down to A500 instead of stopping at A50 as it does at the moment, you'd also do similar to AA5 and AC5 so they also check down to A500 instead of A50
Captain Sensible

Postby octobergirl » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Now it makes sense Captain.

I'd expandecd the formulas to 400 rows , and placed the selections from A50 downwards.

Now the A2 reference in vlookup makes sense as i could not understand the formula referencing A2 on the market sheet.

I have now seen the light.

Halelujah.

Thanks again. Should be ok from here.
octobergirl

Previous

Return to Discussion