Clearing Bet Ref in Excel

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Clearing Bet Ref in Excel

Postby LTR » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:51 am

Hi All,

Can someone help please I have downloaded the scalp spreadsheet I have modified the formula in q5 to

=IF(AND(T5<>"",W5=S1),"CLEAR",IF(Y5=Z5,"BACK-F16","LAY-TL1"))

When the bet is killed Cancelled appears in bet ref have tried adding

=If(t5="CANCELLED","CLEAR", then the above all thats triggered is the lay bet is there a way of clearing it.

I am using it for in football if that makes any difference as its inplay

Thanks in advance for any help
LTR

Re: Clearing Bet Ref in Excel

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:01 pm

There's a thread here with a coule of methods of CLEARing cancelled bets

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8302
Captain Sensible

Postby LTR » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Sould it make any difference in the match goes in play as when the match hasn't kicked off I get a back bet then a lay bet and everything is good as soon as it goes in play the back bet gets forgotten 2 or 3 lay bets go in then a back bet goes in i'm a bit confused the back bet which goes in doesn't have ip ticked before going inplay all back bets have ip ticked and the lay bets do when inplay or not

IF(B19=1,IF(B18=1,"CLEAR",IF(AND(T5<>"",W5=S1),"CLEAR",IF(Y5=Z5,"BACK-F17-IP","LAY-TL1-IP")))))

b19 is if in play
b18 is bet ref says cancelled
LTR

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:36 pm

All the CLEAR command does is clear any data in the Bet Reference column nothing more.

You'd have to ask Gary why the IP keep persistence doesn't get sent when a market is inplay, Gruss seems to ignore it dunno if that's an API thing or set in Gruss as you can amend them on the site.
Captain Sensible

Postby LTR » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:57 pm

Cheers mate still doesn't explain the lay bets going in first thats the bit which has confused me as it should be the same whether it be in play or not
LTR

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:34 pm

I've no idea what the "scalp spreadsheet" is but it'll just be following your formulas, so if Y5 isn't equal to Z5 the LAY part would be true
Captain Sensible

Postby LTR » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:40 pm

it's never going to be the same as y5 is average last price and z5 is Close profit/loss which still works fine when market not inplay the back bet gets fired in then when its matched the lay bet goes in but when inplay seems it gets a little confused
LTR

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:44 pm

Just saw the sheet is one of the examples and the columns Y5 and Z5 are the sum of the back and lay totals.

When you use a level profit trigger it'll always mean those columns will be different because say you BACK £10 it may offset a bet of £11 rather than £10 so even if both get matched Y5 will not equal Z5 and that would mean your formula just sticks on the lay part of the bet because the only time they're equal is at the start when both are 0
Captain Sensible

Postby LTR » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:50 pm

is there a way round it i have tried with counting the number of matched bets back and lay but if only a portion is matched they are not the same either
LTR

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:57 pm

I think all those sheets are a bit old now and the program has had lots of changes and additions, might be worth using the Additional columns and using the Offset Bet matched flag to clear your bets and let the program monitor when offsets have been matched rather than adding up the columns yourself. I haven't used it myself but imagine it just adds a "Y" or "N" to show if the offset has been matched, that way you can simply send your bet as "BACK-TL1-F17-IP" and clear when the column is equal to "Y" showing the offset has matched.
Captain Sensible

Postby LTR » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:15 pm

Just added extra columns Offset bet match does indeed have a N in the cell can't get it to change to a Y even after placing an offset bet which got matched
LTR

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:05 pm

It'd only change to Y if the bet had been placed thru excel and the offset matched
Captain Sensible

Postby LTR » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:26 pm

ok will give that a try thank you for all your help
LTR

Return to Discussion