Betfair Rewards Commission Plans

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Betfair Rewards Commission Plans

Postby Deestar » Thu May 09, 2019 9:08 am

Hi

Does anyone else opt to use the basic commission plan on Betfair, which essentially bars you from all promotions, but sets your commission rate at 2%?

I opted in to this last year and they have rolled it over ever since, but I noticed that where previously the 2% was applied across the board, since the 13th of April, it has not been applied to Australian Markets: since then they have been attracting the full commission rate.

I'm currently not getting far in querying it with Customer Services. Anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks
Deestar

Re: Betfair Rewards Commission Plans

Postby BertieBert » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:15 pm

I've not seen that with aussie markets, also using the basic plan.

However I keep getting "BETFAIR SELECT: EXCHANGE MATCHED BET" offer for a £5 free bet. Can you take these and stay on the 2% rate, or is it a ploy to pull people back onto the 5%?
BertieBert

Postby Deestar » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:53 am

I'm now paying full comm on the Aussie markets although they did offer me a goodwill payment for changing it without telling me. I would certainly encourage others using the basic plan to go back and look at what rate they were being charged for AUS markets and the rate they are now being charged. Nothing explicit about this in the plan's T&C's.

Don't think the select matched bet is a ploy, but i don't think you can take them either. I think their systems are sending these out in error, but as soon as you try and collect they wont let you as you are on the Basic plan ditto the Cash race.
Deestar

Postby Deestar » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:11 am

Actually further to that, they have now added a clause into the T&C's about Australian Markets.
Deestar

Postby Betscrew » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:24 pm

@ OP, are you saying there's a way to only pay 2% comm on Betfair?
Kindly explain, please.
Betscrew

Postby Deestar » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:17 pm

Yes. I don't know who they made it available too, but last year some time they introduced an option to select your own pricing plan.
Basic, Gold or Diamond packages I think.
Basic (which I've taken) sets your com at 2% but excludes you from all promotions, the others you pay a higher com rate, but get extra promotions etc.
It does not alter premium charge payments.
Deestar

Postby BertieBert » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:27 am

So what comm rate are you paying for aussie racing? Looking at it its ~7% for me and I'm on basic in the UK.

As hard as it is not to pick up "free" money, I've not bothered trying to collect the free £5 bets, best case I collect them, worst case I collect them and they stick me back on the 5% plan rather than just making them uncollectable.
BertieBert

Postby brumbie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:24 am

You don't know how good you have it in the UK...lol. Here in Aus we have never been offered the 2% comm rate, or even any other promotion that I can think of. The only sport we can bet "In Play" is horse racing. They stopped the multiples over here a couple of years ago over here which was fairly good to me and was my beer money. The trouble is we are betting against Betfair over here and not each other and since James Packer bought Betfair Aus out we are pis sing in the wind. :(
brumbie

Postby brumbie » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:30 am

I should add that altho we can use our mobile phones still to put on "In Play" bets that's about as usefull as an ashtray on a motorcycle.
brumbie

Return to Discussion