In play backing

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

In play backing

Postby RS1600T » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:18 pm

Hi all

Sorry i'm new here, so apologies if this has already been covered.

I noted this software has stop losses, with the figure in back and lay box. If i lay high, then the horse goes in play, is there anyway of placing a back bet, if its odds shorten, and i could lose the lay bet?

It seems like you can looking at the stop losses section

Any help appreciated

Thank you

Tim
RS1600T

Re: In play backing

Postby xraymitch » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:31 pm

Check out this link from the user guide
http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... ifiers.htm

You need to try experimenting with the various stop-loss options with small stakes to get an understanding.

Below is my example from the race at Sligo today which hopefully is of some help:

I populated the Trigger column Q5:Q44 with the formula so that it would place the bet before the OFF (amend the formula to "In Play" for betting after the OFF)

=IF(AND($E$2="Not In Play",$F$2=""),IF(AND(H5>4,H5<7),"LAY-SL3-SL-SLC30","No Bet"))

and the Odds column R5:R44 with the back odds from column F5 to F44 in the hope that I might get the lay matched at the lower odds

and the Staking column S5:S44 for a £1

I layed all runners whose odds were greater than 4 and less than 7.

There was only the one at 6.2 for a liability of £5.20 and I lost £0.07 as the stop-loss kicked in.
Attachments
Stop Loss 2022-07-10 133346.jpg
Stop Loss 2022-07-10 133346.jpg (320.93 KiB) Viewed 8569 times
xraymitch

Postby RS1600T » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:14 pm

Thanks for coming back to me. Very helpful

I'll give it a whirl

Tim
RS1600T

Postby xraymitch » Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:44 pm