Betting one minute before the OFF

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Betting one minute before the OFF

Postby hughsiepops » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:19 pm

Hi

In the horse racing Win market I'm looking to place a bet "60 seconds before the Off". However I'm pretty sure this is not possible as we don't know when the race will move into the 'Off' status until this actually happens

I understand that Betfair has a number of 'Race Status' before the off ..

1. Parading
2. GoingDown
3. GoingBehind
4. Approaching
5. At the Post
6. 'Official Off / Start Time'

Does anyone know if placing the bet when the race status moves to 'At The Post' - Would the be the closest I could realistically get to placing the bet 60 seconds before the off? Although I'm not sure who long the race can sit in 'At the Post' status before the race goes 'Off'

Some Lay selections I have been looking at are quoting as being profitable with the Exchange price quoted as "Price available on Betfair one minute before the off. Note this is not the official Betfair SP". Interestingly the Lay bets are not profitable at BSP, so I am looking to validate if the odds being posted are achievable as the timing of the bet placement seems the key to profitability

Thanks
Hughsiepops
hughsiepops

Re: Betting one minute before the OFF

Postby sam84 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:05 pm

I would say 'going behind' would be closer to 60 seconds (although can still take ages).

I'd be interested in this too, by the way.
sam84

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:47 am

Does the new race replay function include race status? If so you should be able to run a load of markets to snatch the timings between the actual off and various status options to see which is closest
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:48 am

But I doubt you'll ever reliably match 60 seconds from the true off. Many of these 'systems' are just backfit to work but in reality it's impossible to match the criteria
Captain Sensible

Postby hughsiepops » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:03 pm

I was thinking along similar lines. Paper trading and betting the same Selection at each Status' change and then compare which Status is getting the closest to the 'one minute before the Off' odds - As Captain Sensible points out I don't think it will be consistently possible to match a true 60 seconds from the true Off

Thanks
Hughsiepops
hughsiepops

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:29 pm

There's far too much that happens at the start to get it right 100% of the time, false starts, unruly horses withdrawals etc.
Captain Sensible

Return to Discussion