Market Replay and Betfair Starting Price

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Market Replay and Betfair Starting Price

Postby theclothcat » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:08 am

Does Betfair SP work with Market Replay?

I have tried ticking the SP option on the Additional Columns section on the Log Current Prices set up window. The SP column then shows up in Excel but it is always zero, pre-play and in play. This was at X1 replay speed.

Also the SP trigger options don't seem to work with Market replay e.g. if the trigger is "BACK-T2-SPC" then if the back bet is matched, the offset bet will not be converted to SP if unmatched when the race goes in play.
theclothcat

Re: Market Replay and Betfair Starting Price

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:24 am

theclothcat wrote:Does Betfair SP work with Market Replay?

I have tried ticking the SP option on the Additional Columns section on the Log Current Prices set up window. The SP column then shows up in Excel but it is always zero, pre-play and in play. This was at X1 replay speed.

Also the SP trigger options don't seem to work with Market replay e.g. if the trigger is "BACK-T2-SPC" then if the back bet is matched, the offset bet will not be converted to SP if unmatched when the race goes in play.

The forecast SP is not available in the advanced historical data which we use, but the actual SP is available so not sure why you are not seeing it in play. It will be zero before in play, but should be there in play.

What happens if you display the SP column on the grid interface, does it show a value in play or is it zero?
Which market is this happening on?

BACK-T2-SPC does work. Was the liability of the lay bet at least £10 when you tried it? The same rules apply as the live market where the liability needs to be at least £10 or it will lapse and not convert to SP. Of course if the SP is zero in play then this will not work. I cannot replicate the issue of it being zero in play. An example market where this is happening would be useful.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby theclothcat » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:42 pm

When you refer to the "SP column on the grid interface" do you mean ticking the Projected SP column option on the Preferences for the Grid Interface? I already have the SP additional column ticked in the Log Current Prices set up.

I've just tried that and the Projected SP column on the grid remains zero for me in play. I'm using the UK place markets from 04/03/22. I'm attempting to restrict the "BACK-T2-SPC" scalping to horses with lay odds >1.5 and <1.9 but my Excel formula may not be correct. I am staking with £20 so I'm trying to avoid having a liability of < £10 when laying.
theclothcat

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:10 pm

theclothcat wrote:When you refer to the "SP column on the grid interface" do you mean ticking the Projected SP column option on the Preferences for the Grid Interface? I already have the SP additional column ticked in the Log Current Prices set up.

I've just tried that and the Projected SP column on the grid remains zero for me in play. I'm using the UK place markets from 04/03/22. I'm attempting to restrict the "BACK-T2-SPC" scalping to horses with lay odds >1.5 and <1.9 but my Excel formula may not be correct. I am staking with £20 so I'm trying to avoid having a liability of < £10 when laying.

I just checked a few place markets from 04/03/22 and the SP is displayed in the projected SP column when it goes in play. Something weird happening on your PC.

Which specific place market from 04/03/22 did you try?

Can you possibly provide a screenshot or even better a screen recording?

If I can test it with your exact settings I might find something. Select "Open settings folder" from the options menu and send the file name user.config to admin@gruss-software.co.uk. If you are using a different profile it will be named [your profile]_user.config
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby theclothcat » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:35 pm

The no SP problem in play was just down to me not understanding the user interface - I thought the race was in play when it wasn't. I will experiment with BACK-T2-SPC and Market Replay with a very simple Excel formula because I suspect my formula is probably the cause of that problem.

Thanks for your help.
theclothcat

Return to Discussion