HTTP Requests

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

HTTP Requests

Postby Mitch » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:06 pm

Is there an easy way to see the URL that IE uses to make a webrequest, for example, to get the list of markets from Betfair. That's not what I want to do but it's the only example I could think of off the top of my head.

I've never done this before so any pointers would be really helpful. (I'm going to try to find online prices other than Betfair's - to compare them).

Thanks.
Mitch

Postby PeteB » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:24 pm

Yep - you can install iewatch or httpwatch - I think one of these has a 'free' version - think it is iewatch.

They both work the same way - you start ie, enable iewatch from the toolbar, and press 'start' when you are ready to start watching. Then do your navigation, and it shows you everything the browser requests and the site returns.
PeteB

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:24 pm

Download the program from http://www.iewatch.com

I found this program invaluable in the development of the non api version of Betting Assistant.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Mitch » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:44 pm

Thanks both.

Just had a look at the iewatch site and it looks like it's free for 30 days unless there's a scaled down free version that I didn't see.

Hopefully I'll find out in 30 days whether or not I can learn what to do with the info it gives me. I know nothing at the moment but thought it was about time I tried to learn something else other than vba.
Mitch

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:55 pm

I've sent you a message re:iewatch mitch
Captain Sensible

Return to Discussion