Bet Result Determination

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Bet Result Determination

Postby gunsynd » Wed May 09, 2007 1:43 pm

I have been playing around with how to determine bet outcomes while using a Trigger betting sheet in unattended mode.

By using the Betfair Balance amount it is possible to get it correct most of the time. This method goes astray when for some reason the balance is not updated at the opening of the next market. I do not know if this is betfair being slow to update race results on occassion (betting Australian horse race markets) , or if it is a BA not updating balance issue.

Has anyone got any experience / suggestions as to how to get previous Bet Results into a Trigger spreadsheet? or any idea what causes the timing issues with balance updates?

Regards,
Gunsynd.
gunsynd

Postby PeteB » Wed May 09, 2007 3:28 pm

The balance on betfair doesn't update until betfair settle the market, which may not be immediate.

The balance in excel changes when you change market, but you can also force it to update - see here:
http://gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewt ... ht=balance
PeteB

Postby felix » Wed May 16, 2007 2:32 pm

I do log the winners of each race using a different method than balances (which are slow)

Its a bit complicated but I use VB to log when the 'In Play' value = In Play and the 'Suspended' value = Supended, which signals the end of the race. As soon as this happens I record horse with the lowest back odds, the winner.

It falls down occasionaly if a race has finished but the market reopens because it is a photo finish, but it gets it right most of the time.

Hope this helps.

Regards
felix

Postby Village » Wed May 16, 2007 10:05 pm

If the event total doesn't change for a while after this, then the race is definitely over, photos, stewards' and all!

Am I the only one who would like to see a cell in the BA worksheet that your macro could then trigger to tell BA to go to the next event in the pick list? Aside from never going to another race when still betting on the current one, it would also enable the macro to save a copy of the worksheet before the next race came up.
Village

Postby PeteB » Thu May 17, 2007 9:10 am

That's a nice suggestion - much more controllable than the timer!
PeteB

Return to Discussion