Watch out boys, Betfair Direct is starting.

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Watch out boys, Betfair Direct is starting.

Postby one cool dog » Sun May 27, 2007 6:52 pm

I am sure you have seen it already, but seems like Betfair want a cut of the action. I'm with you still but can't be long before they start developing it.
one cool dog

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun May 27, 2007 9:23 pm

I'd suggested to betfair ages ago to implement their own standalone program to reduce the impact on the site that constant downloading of images and all the other crap causes. Doubt I'll get any kick backs though :(

I tried the prog and it kept crashing on my pc but all competition is good news and gary should steal a few ideas re:the layout which is much more efficient and laid out. I liked their Betfair Advantage Tool for the aussie racing even made me consider staying up late a few nights to try it out but need my kip more than a few quid on the aussie racing
Captain Sensible

Postby tkp » Mon May 28, 2007 12:03 am

The interface is nice.

It crashed within 30 seconds of using it on my machine !

Like the way the Market Info is a pop up which the user has to click to display - saves screen space.

Don't like the way can't see all bets - have to switch between matched and matched.

Apart from that it doesn't do much but provide a faster interface to betfair.
tkp
tkp

Postby oddson » Mon May 28, 2007 12:59 pm

Hi,I downloaded it over the weekend and found it very flaky and have deleted it as it froze everytime I wanted to do anything.
oddson

Postby Village » Mon May 28, 2007 1:31 pm

Not a bad first effort. It's quite pretty, but it doesn't do anything that BA doesn't and doesn't do a lot of things that BA does. Nice of them to award me a PhD though! (Is it just me, or does everyone else appear as "Dr" in the top right too?)
Village

Return to Discussion