I've gone completely blank ! Help required

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

I've gone completely blank ! Help required

Postby one cool dog » Tue May 29, 2007 6:40 pm

I have gone blank and could do with some help. I use BA Beta.

I want to test the back everything at 1.7, but once the first gets matched, delete the rest.

I have been doing it the way that looks right, but can't get it to work. What needs to be ticked.

Cheers
one cool dog

Postby one cool dog » Wed May 30, 2007 7:49 pm

Wow, fairly quiet in here. Usually can bank on a swift response. :)
one cool dog

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu May 31, 2007 12:32 am

Ummmm not a good plan to win money ocd , You'd have plenty of takers if you want to back the field at 1.7, I'd even be prepared to give you 1.8 the field. I assume you mean laying the field ?

As far as I'm aware it's just a case of ticking the "Cancel remaining when matched" box, click Lay Field and bobs your uncle, then as soon as a bet is matched the remaining lays will be cancelled.
Captain Sensible

Postby one cool dog » Thu May 31, 2007 2:47 pm

Perhaps I should explain a bit better.

I want a pending bet on every horse at 1.7. When the first horse gets to 1.7, that horse gets backed and the rest of the bets get canceled.

My theroy is, that the amount of horses who hit 1.7 win more than they lose.

So, if a race had 6 runners, and they bet

1, 4/1
2, 4/1
3, 4/1
4, 5/1
5, 6/1
6, 8/1

I have a bet lined up to back every horse, but only if they hit 1.7 in-running. Once the first hits 1.7, the rest get canceled.

Hope that makes it clear.
one cool dog

Postby Village » Thu May 31, 2007 7:27 pm

A lot of the winners will be trading at less than 1.7 by the time you've submitted your bet and you'll miss the boat. However, you're guaranteed to back all the losers! Take Captain's advice!
Village

Postby one cool dog » Thu May 31, 2007 9:58 pm

I seem to have confused some people here, or I am not explaining myself very well.

Using BA Beta, is there anyway I can set it up to back the first horse to hit 1.7, whether it starts at 2.0 or 25.0 (This is for in-running.)

I am aware that more than 1 horse may hit 1.7 in-running, and there will be losses, but I wanted to run a test on backing the first horse that hit 1.7 in-running, because logically a horse hitting 1.7 in-running, more often than not, will look like winning.

I don't want to 'back the whole field' at 1.7 (and get matched at anything bigger,) I want my bets to be ready at 1.7. Unless there are quite a few that go close, every horse bar 1 should only hit 1.7

Here is another example of my aim -

The Derby field

Horse Betfair price

Authorized 2.0
Archipenko 11.0
Soldier Of Fortune 13.0
Eagle Mountain 15.0
Strategic Prince 24.0
etc etc

Id like to back the first horse in the race to hit 1.7, without hovering over the keyboard and manually getting the right one. All my bets are pending at 1.7.

Let's say Authorized wins and hacks up, he goes from 2.0 all the way down to 1.01, so bet is matched.
Archipenko runs well, but hits a low of 2.3, so bet never gets matched
Solider Of Fortune hits a low of 5.0 in running, so not matched

Net gain

My fiver on Authorized gets matched at 1.7, and bet wins
My fiver does not get matched on Archipenko, and the stake is returned.
My fiver does not get matched on Soldier Of Fortune, so the stake is returned.

Can this be done? (it might be an excel thing)
one cool dog

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu May 31, 2007 10:20 pm

Can't do it with the main interface but setting up a triggered excel sheet should be easy enough. I've set up a similar sheet ages ago that backed when the market hit 1.4-1.3 and placed a tick offset 10 ticks under when it was matched.
Captain Sensible

Postby PeteB » Thu May 31, 2007 10:34 pm

Will the first horse to hit 1.7 win more than 59% of the time?
(you could query the historic betfair data to find out)
PeteB

Postby Village » Thu May 31, 2007 11:58 pm

I was talking in terms of all the winners and losers that you back over a period of time. Unless future results are significantly different to the past, you will lose.
Village

Postby one cool dog » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:54 pm

Cheers for the answer Captain. Unfortunately, my knowledge of Excel is not enough to do something like. It's a shame BA could not do it for you.

I would be very selective in what races I played in Village, as some races scream YOU WILL LOSE.

Shame.
one cool dog

Return to Discussion