Calculating Stake on Trigger Spreadsheet

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Calculating Stake on Trigger Spreadsheet

Postby lofcfan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:46 am

Have trawled through a lot of posts and read much on this, but am still having a problem in setting the stake using a formula. Am using someting similar to
=IF(X8>0,"0", ROUND((X8/1.3), 2))
in column S, the displayed value is correct and the bet is fired in however I get an ERROR.
Much is written about this and I have tried several different approaches however cannot get rid of the issue. Is there a definative post which explains this?

Thanks in advance

Gaz
lofcfan

Postby Bezza » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:14 am

Not sure if this helps but I got an error message when the stake stated in excel was different to the one set by default.
Bezza

Postby lofcfan » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:58 pm

Bezza, what do you mean by the default?
lofcfan

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:10 pm

=IF(X8>0,"0", ROUND((X8/1.3), 2))

This formula will produce a stake of 0 if X8 is greater than 0, this is not a valid stake, as soon as the trigger column is populated it will try to fire a bet and if the stake is zero then the bet ref will show ERROR. You need set up your spreadsheet so that the trigger column (ie BACK, LAY, etc.) is only populated when the bet is ready to be placed.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby tkp » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:18 pm

=IF(logical_test,value_if_true,value_if_false)

Is the rounded value supposed to be your stake ? If so you have your "0" and rounded value the wrong way round.

8)
tkp
tkp

Postby lofcfan » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:36 am

Hi Gary,
thanks to you and all other for taking time to respond.

You are correct (of course) about the 0 stake if the value in column X > 0, this is a desired effect. What I'm trying to do is calculate the stake when there is a -'ve value in Column X due to a LAY being placed against one of the selections. I have altered the format of column X so the -'ve value is actually shown as a +'ve, the resulting value populated in the stake column appears to be correct (visually) until the bet is fired which is when the ERROR occurs.

Does ths imake sense, and can anybody help?

Cheers

Gaz
lofcfan

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:08 am

So you are saying that the underlying value is still negative, but you have formatted it display as positive. Betting Assistant will read the underlying value so I think that's where the problem lies. You can use the abs function to ignore the sign eg. =IF(X8>0,"0", ROUND((ABS( X8 )/1.3), 2))
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby lofcfan » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:41 pm

Spot on. Thanks very much, working fine now, not sure about my stategy though!
lofcfan

Return to Discussion