Reverting to earlier version

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Reverting to earlier version

Postby dedmuni » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:45 pm

I'm sure this has been asked before:

How can I revert to an earlier version of BA?

I need to revert to version 1.0.0.31 Beta.

Version 32 onwards is no good to me because of the way P&L is calculated.

Also, if I can go back to an earlier version. How do I stop it from auto updating in the future.

Thanks
dedmuni

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:09 pm

Please let me know what is wrong with the profit and loss calculation, it should give exactly the same figures as calculated by Betfair.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:16 pm

Also if you can provide screenshots of the p&l and matched bets which appear incorrect it will greatly assist me in resolving the problem.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby dedmuni » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:17 pm

Gary

Same problem which has always been there. When there are a large number of matched/unmatched bets (200+ has been mentioned in the past) on a particular market, the P&L stops calculating.
dedmuni

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:21 pm

That shouldn't be a problem now, it uses a different call to get the matched bets which can retrieve well over 200 bets, I tested it with over 600 bets and it retrieved them all in one call, how many matched bets have you got?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:30 pm

Please accept my apologies, I've just spotted the error, it shouldn't have been a problem, but it will fail if the are more than 250 bets. I will release an update shortly and I'm sure it will solve your problem, I am convinced that calculating the profit is the better way as the p&l calculated by Betfair is based on cached bets and can be a second behind.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:40 pm

I have just released version 1.0.0.35 which should solve this problem.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby dedmuni » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:51 pm

At the moment none of my markets have a significant amount of bets.

This afternoon on one particular market the P&L for all selections frooze without warning. I do not keep track of exactly how many bets I had placed up to this point but would estimate around about 300-400, with maybe 250 of them matched, the other 150 remaining unmatched. After this point if unmatched bets were matched, P&L remained unalterred. This has happened since I first started using BA (from the very early days).

Up until a few months ago, if you changed markets and then return to the "frozen" market, the P&L would recalculate correctly, but would not update. Although not ideal, I could work with this. Then at some point the changing of markets did not recalculate P&L, rather P&L would then be blank for all selections. At this point BA is of no use to me.

I reported this as a bug and you suggested moving over to the Beta version as P&L is taken from a different source. From this point on everything on BA was perfect until version32 was released and the P&L calculation was changed.

I realise that I am in a very small minority in the way I use BA, as nobody else seems to have encountered this problem. I do not want you to take up time on this problem as version 31 does virtually everything I will ever want from BA. If I could revert back to V31, I will be more than happy.
dedmuni

Postby dedmuni » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:56 pm

Cheers Gary, just noticed your reply after sending my "life story".

Won't get to test it until tomorrow, but will let you know how i get on.
dedmuni

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:57 pm

I would be grateful if you could confirm if version 1.0.0.35 solves the issue for you as it is the way it is going to be in the future and someone else could have the same problem.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby dedmuni » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:24 pm

Gary

Not had a problem since the upgrade.

As a matter of intrest is there still a limit to the number of bets that can be placed, or is there no longer a maximum?
dedmuni

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:33 pm

Thanks for letting me know. There is no upper limit in theory.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Discussion