running multiple seperate spreadsheets at same time with(BA)

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby GeorgeUK » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:34 pm

Hi Markus

In answer to your question - i think it will depend on your own computer specification.

I only have 256MB RAM on my computer so I would probably have difficulty in doing 5 pages.
Others with a better computer would probably not notice any difference if they used 1 or 5 pages and could probably do alot more.

For those who do use multiple pages, the refresh rate may also be a factor.

Maybe some folk can post up how many pages they use and the refresh/memory details.

George
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby MH79 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:15 pm

Hi George,

thanks.

I understand and will test it sometime. I have 1 GB RAM on my computer.

Markus
MH79

Postby Fixador » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:09 pm

hi alll, i got 1 GB ram, am running 2 BA sheets into 1 Excel workbook of 2 sheets , with quite a bit of vba ( but no triggered betting ) - still plucking up the courage !

dont know if doing this right , pressed CTRL ALT DEL, to bring up task manager, and clicked on processes

Commit change 405 M / 1262 M

BA 8 -16 % cpu 32 M

Excel 3% cpu 8.5 M

so BA / Excel aint using much RAM according to this - if i have read the numbers correctly
Fixador

Postby MH79 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:49 am

hi,

i tested the simultaneous use of multiple BA-pages in Excel (with a bit of vba and triggered betting). The maximum number of markets is approximately 6 - 8. It is shown by the fact that the option "Excel" in the menu cannot open. It is also possible, that BA closes without advance notice / error message.

Markus
MH79

Previous

Return to Discussion