Messy sheet calculation

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Messy sheet calculation

Postby Fixador » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 pm

Hi All,

I have a messy sheet calculation that needs tidying

Basically I am identifying RACE TYPE , so as an example , say I was looking for Claiming, then I would use in cell R8

Code: Select all
=IF(FINDB("Claim",A8,1),1,0)

Which is fine when A8 contains "Claim" within the race title - but when it doesn't - i get #VALUE!

to get away from the mess , the next column , cell S8 has
Code: Select all
=IF(ISERROR(R8),0,R8)
Oh what a mess ! Any ideas how i could clean this sheet calculation up ???

Since i plan on changing this to vba shortly - could anyone give me a pointer as to how this would be done in vba ?

cheers
Fixador

Postby GeorgeUK » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:15 pm

Strange this one.
Tried it with FindB and Search looks like on is case sensitive, but the other not.
=IF(ISNUMBER(FINDB("Claim",A8,1)),1,0)

I think this is what's required for VBA - again, be careful with the case sensitivity. (Claim is not the same as claim)
IF INSTR(CELL(X,Y).VALUE,"Claim")>0 THEN
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

thanks GeorgeUK

Postby Fixador » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:31 am

Thanks GeorgeUK - sheet calc works fine - i hated the messy #VALUE!
Fixador

Postby Mitch » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:55 am

If it's just the #VALUE! you don't want to see then you could use the ISERROR in conditional formatting to make the text colour white if the cell contains an error.
Mitch

Return to Discussion