Can I place stop order instead of usual limit order ?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Can I place stop order instead of usual limit order ?

Postby parisd » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:20 pm

If I lay at 40.0 directly with betfair I will get filled at 40.0 or anything lower. Same with backing, if I ask for 2.0 I will be filled at 2.0 or anything above.

Now if I want to place an order in advance to back at 2.0 but want to back only at 2.0 OR below, does your software allow this?

Same question for Laying, does your software allow to lay at 10 or above?

If not any software does this ?

Thks
parisd

Postby mikeeboy » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:31 pm

No, the way bets are placed are exactly the same as if you had placed them on the site.

To do what you want to do you would have to use a trigger e.g. If Price <= 2.0 then .......
mikeeboy

Postby parisd » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:42 pm

Hi Mike

Thanks for the answer, which software offer this trigger facility ?

Cheers

Denis
parisd

Postby GeorgeUK » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:32 pm

I think Mike is referring to the Excel part of BA - the trigger is an excel formula that you make up.
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby parisd » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:54 pm

Thanks,

So betfair assistant (BA) offer the triggering facility that I am looking for,i t was not mentionned on the BA home page but after searching in the forum threads it is obvious.

Why not mentionned in the BA homepage, triggering is a huge added value to the BA, no?
parisd

Return to Discussion