Excel Balance

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel Balance

Postby Bid » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:02 am

I'm trying to code some triggers based on my Balance and/exposure in Excel during an in-play football match but it never seems to update. I try putting 'U' in J2 but nothing - in fact my balance and exposure don't change in BA either. Am I doing something wrong?
Bid

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:12 am

What version of BA are you using?
Are you using just one tab page?
Are you viewing just one market on the tab page (applies to Beta version only)?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Bid » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:46 am

I'm using Beta although I'm not sure what version (I'm at work at the moment so can't check). I assumed it was automatically updating itself to the latest version when it loaded - is this my problem!?

One page and one market.
Bid

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:50 am

There was one version of the Beta version where this didn't work, you may have got stuck on this version. When you get chance make sure you are running version 1.0.0.74, if not install it from http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... ublish.htm
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby allgreen » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:21 pm

Gary, I just checked and I am running 1.0.0.64 so my Beta obviously isn't updating. Do I have to uninstall then reinstall from the link in the previous post or can I just install over the top?

Also my Alpha is 1.1.0.4. Is this the latest? I am hanging out for a version that will work with Australian markets. Info re updating appears a bit hit and miss since you discontinued posting to the update thread..
allgreen

Postby Ian » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:29 pm

I've noticed with recent updates that I get a number of files being automatically downloaded but the version number doesn't change ?
Ian

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:46 pm

Ian wrote:I've noticed with recent updates that I get a number of files being automatically downloaded but the version number doesn't change ?

If the version number doesn't change you don't have the latest version as the version number is hard coded into the program, please uninstall and download the latest version, make sure you have version 1.0.0.74 and let me know if the same problem occurs when I release version 1.0.0.75
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:50 pm

allgreen wrote:Gary, I just checked and I am running 1.0.0.64 so my Beta obviously isn't updating. Do I have to uninstall then reinstall from the link in the previous post or can I just install over the top?

Also my Alpha is 1.1.0.4. Is this the latest? I am hanging out for a version that will work with Australian markets. Info re updating appears a bit hit and miss since you discontinued posting to the update thread..

I recommend uninstalling all previously installed versions of the Beta version and then use the link above.

1.1.0.4 is the latest version of the Alpha, I am working on the next version, but still have several things to do before I am ready to release it.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:51 pm

Ian wrote:I've noticed with recent updates that I get a number of files being automatically downloaded but the version number doesn't change ?

What version are you seeing currently?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Ian » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:04 pm

It was 1.0.0.68 but I've just uninstalled it and re-installed from the link above. Now shows 1.0.0.73 not 74 ?
Ian

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:17 pm

The launcher program does not appear to be downloading the updates correctly. This is very bad news, I will investigate.
What version number appears in c:\program files\betting assistant beta\CurrentVersion.txt?
If the version reads 1.0.0.74, if you change it to 1.0.0.73, save the file and re-open BA does it appear to be downloading Betting Assistant.exe?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Ian » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:36 pm

The version text file showed 1.0.0.74. I changed this to 1.0.0.73 and, on starting BA, the programs downloaded TDClb.ddl and VBIDE.dll, however the version on BA still shows 1.0.0.73. The version text file has been updated to 1.0.0.74.
Ian

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:31 pm

That's weird. Did you have another instance of BA open when it did the update? This is the only thing I can think of right now, it would fail to download the program because it cannot overwrite it, but it would download the other files. If not, I will investigate and get back to you.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Ian » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:59 pm

No, I didn't have BA running already. Does it download the progam first ? I have just tried it again and it may have downloaded something so fast I didn't catch the name and then downloaded the other two files. Still showing as 1.0.0.73 though.
Ian

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:03 pm

Yes, it downloads the program first. I'll let you know when I find something. I will probably have to release an updated launcher program which verifies the download.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Next

Return to Discussion