Lay Ladder and CashMaster-type bets

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Lay Ladder and CashMaster-type bets

Postby johnj » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:12 pm

Hello, folks,

Is it possible to use a 3 step lay ladder using the software, being able to adjust the stakes for the next lay bet if it were unsuccessful (won the race)?

Could the software calculate and place the next win bet a la CashMaster style, to win 1 point per race until a winner was found?

Finally, can the software be left unattended during the day, placing the above bets in our absence?
johnj

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:40 am

It's certainly not a feature I would consider adding to the program. It could in theory be achieved through Excel triggered betting, but I cannot recommend a reliable way of getting the race results. Does anyone on here use this kind of system?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby pugs » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:12 pm

Hello johnj

I know its achievable through BA and Excel, you will need to be really clued up on Excel, or seek help off someone who is (i'm only very basic sorry)

The only problem is you must leave enough time between bets for Betfair to have settled your last bet, so your trigger can calculate profit/loss from your balance before firing/not firing your next bet.
pugs

Postby tigergambit » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:34 pm

Hi,or this

As a new user can I say how impressed I am with BA.

I am trying BA as I too would like to use this type of "Cashmaster" type system and have been writing a macro for this on Excel. The calculations/maths side is easy but where I am having difficulty is with the linkage between BA and Excel. I'll have to suck it and see over the next few days but I'd be grateful if anyone can confirm whether it is possible to place different races on different Excel sheets and have them auto link in sequence. Have you done this pugs?

In general the time issue is not a problem for me as I don't necessarily back on consecutive races. If the linkage problem can be solved then I imagine that if you want to do this you can just set up Excel to run two streams so you'll have 20 minutes between races.

I'd be interested to hear anyone's view on this

TG
tigergambit

Postby phrenetic » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:08 pm

Why not just run two CashMaster cycles?

You can put one cycle on one sheet and another cycle on a second sheet. No need to link the sheets - by separating the races, you would have plenty of time for Betfair to settle any bets.

Alistair
phrenetic

Postby tigergambit » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:16 pm

Thanks Alistair, that's basically what I mean.

Can you put more than one race on a sheet though? (I'm assuming not) Will more than one sheet/race still auto start? I couldn't get this to happen this evening but am new to the software.
tigergambit

Postby tigergambit » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:52 am

Just found the tab feature which I think I can use to solve this.

Johnj if you want to PM me your email address I will send you a copy of the Excel sheet once I've got the maths straught and you can help me trial this.

Peter
tigergambit

Return to Discussion