Auto Bet in Alpha

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Auto Bet in Alpha

Postby one cool dog » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:40 am

I now have the software again and was messing about yesterday. Found a page with some help about this but have to say none the wiser yet.

What actually does it do. I can fill in the form without an issue and even activate them. This is my problem

I thought I had successfully set it up to back 3 horses if they went 1.7 in-running. All seemed correct, set them to activate, one went 1.7 and nothing happened.

It was filled in something like this

What will the above do - nothing I am guessing - and what have I missed out? Am I right/wrong in thinking that it could back a horse if it got to 1.7 in-running? If so, what extra do I need to fill in?

Cheers

A correctly filled in .jpg of what I am trying to achieve - if possible - would be greatly appreciated.
one cool dog

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:11 pm

You did everything right except you blanked out the maximum and minimum odds on the left hand side. They are there to be used in conjunction with the chase odds function, but they are used in making the decision to place the bet, I will change it to ignore these values then they are blank in a future release, but for now you need to enter something so enter 1.7 in both min and max odds.

Also don't forget to click the activate button or nothing will happen.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby one cool dog » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:57 pm

Hi Just did this

Nothing happened again. What did I mess up this time?
one cool dog

Postby one cool dog » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:58 pm

As a follow up to the above, what did I actually set it to do, as it was activated.
one cool dog

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:10 pm

I only mentioned the activate button as it's a potential reason for a bet not being placed, but not in your case, you had correctly activated it.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby one cool dog » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:19 pm

Cheers for looking in so quickly.

I am still a little bit confused. Am I doing something really wrong or is there something that needs looking at?

Cheers
one cool dog

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:22 pm

I thought I had answered the question clearly, but maybe not.

You only need to put 1.7 on the min and max odds in addition to what you have already done (ie. as per your screenshot, but with 1.7 in the min and max odds boxes), then it should work.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby one cool dog » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:38 pm

Have a look at my second screenshot. I am starting to question my sanity :lol: as I am sure I have done what you have said twice now !
one cool dog

Postby one cool dog » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:40 pm

Where has the Edit button gone? Keep thinking of things a second after I post.

Perhaps you can screenshot what it should look like for me to bet a nominated horse in-running only if it hits 1.7. I only activate what I did after the suspended message clears by the way.
one cool dog

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:44 pm

Can't see anything wrong with that, the price must hit exactly 1.7 though. The auto bet feature refreshes the market independently of what you can see on the main interface and only refreshes every second so it's possible that the auto bet feature never saw the odds 1.7.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby one cool dog » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:07 pm

Hi,

Well that would at least make sense. I think I saw someone mention it already, but can the refresh be brought down?

I have always wanted to test something like this, but seem a shame that the price gets missed because of a refresh rate. As an add-on, apart from Excel, will there ever be a way of placing a request in-running to get matched at 1.7. I presume I cannot over-ride under the odds as it were.

Cheers for the answers so far.

Regards
one cool dog

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:13 pm

I will be increasing the refresh rate to 0.1 seconds in the next version.

See the screenshot below. It will back the horse if odds between 1.65 and 1.7 and it will request odds of 1.7.

GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Discussion