Carry Offset Betting In-Play

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Carry Offset Betting In-Play

Postby AndrewP » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:51 pm

Hi All,

Am I right in thinking that if only the first part of an 'offset bet' (e.g. the back part of a back then lay bet) is matched prior to the race going'in-play' then the second part cancels and does transfer in-play? If so, anyone got a workaraound?

Andrew
AndrewP

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:02 pm

Hi,

You are correct, when a market goes in play all unmatched bets are cancelled which includes 'offset bets' which may have been placed by the Tick Offset feature of our software.
There is no current work around.

However Betfair recently announced that there is going to be an option to carry unmatched bets through to in play. This option will be available to us via the API so as soon as it is available it will be included.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Rupe dog » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:05 pm

Hi there,

I read with interest the possibilty of functionality of carrying unmatched bets into in play once a event goes in play via the API. I would be very grateful if anyone could let me know whether this is possible from the excel spreadsheet link.

Many thanks,
Matt
Rupe dog

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:25 am

Hi,

Yes you can do this now.....add -IP to your trigger and if the bet is unmatched it will keep the bet in play.
Also you can add -SP which also keeps the bet but changes the price to the SP price once it goes in play.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Rupe dog » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:46 pm

Fantastic, thanks Mark.
Rupe dog

Return to Discussion