Multiple In Running Excel Triggers

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Multiple In Running Excel Triggers

Postby remi1remi1 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:07 pm

The formula

=IF(AND(COUNT($T$5:$T$50)<1,$E$2="In Play",F5<=1.7,F5<>""),"BACK","")

this formula was written by "captain sensible" (Thanks)and it works fine..Now what i want to achieve is this..IF 1.7 IS Matched..i would like excel to clear the "BACK"..And then "lay"the same Selection at a lower Price..not sure how to achieve this..any help would be greatly recieved Thank You
remi1remi1

Postby phrenetic » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:48 pm

I think you just need to change the "BACK" to either:

BACK-T1 (which places a Lay bet one tick lower when the Back bet is matched) - you can change the 1 to whatever value you want.

or

BACK-T1-F5 (which places a Lay bet one tick lower when the back bet is matched, then cancels it if it is not matched within 5 seconds) - you can change the tick value (T1) to whatever value you want, and you can also set the Fill or Kill value (F5) to whatever value you want.

See the help file for more details.

Alistair
phrenetic

Postby remi1remi1 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:39 pm

Alistair..thanks for your reply..my knowledge of excel.is about more then "useless"..the bit's i know is what i have picked up on the forum..from the likes of captain sensible and george and any one else who has been kind enough to help...the formula below is what i have picked up up on a thread by one cool dog "excel formula for playing in-running" i copied and pasted this formula in my trigger column Q in excel and dragged it from Q5:Q50..And it works fine...i can back the field at 1.7 and once the first horse reaches 1.7 it "BACK"s it..now what i am trying to do is as soon as it has been "MATCHED" TO CANCEL the bet ref and place another "LAY" bet on the same selection which has just been matched previously..so creating a trading situation..I Hope what i am writing makes sense..i need a formula the same one as below with an added criteria to lay the matched bet..thank you Alistair for your help regards bob

=IF(AND(COUNT($T$5:$T$50)<1,$E$2="In Play",F5<=1.7,F5<>""),"BACK","")
remi1remi1

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:05 pm

remi like phrenetic said one of the newer excel triggers allows you to place tick offset bets by adding T1 to the LAY or BACK command. The T just means tickoffset and the number is however many ticks you wish to offset the bet by. I.e. one tick at 1.7 would be 1.69 10 ticks would take you down to 1.6 so

BACK-T10 would place a lay bet at 10 ticks lower once the bet had been taken. If you wish to level up any profit you need to make sure the Auto Level button is ticked on the main screen otherwise if you backed at £10 it'd lay also at £10. If auto level is ticked it'd lay back at 1.6 for £10.63 greening up on both sides

The formula to lay back at 1.6 (10 ticks lower) would be

=IF(AND(COUNT($T$5:$T$50)<1,$E$2="In Play",F5<=1.7,F5<>""),"BACK-T10","")

Just change the T10 to however many ticks you wish to lay back at
Captain Sensible

Postby remi1remi1 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:50 pm

captain does this mean the lay bet would read

=IF(AND(COUNT($T$5:$T$50)<1,$E$2="In Play",F5<=1.7,F5<>""),"LAY"+T10","")

THANKS to BOTH of you for all your help
remi1remi1

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:54 pm

It'd be written as

=IF(AND(COUNT($T$5:$T$50)<1,$E$2="In Play",F5<=1.7,F5<>""),"LAY-T10","") You'd added an extra apostrophe in "LAY"+T10"

That'll lay when when the odds are less than or equal to 1.7 - remember when a market forms as soon as it goes in play lots of runners will show as under 1.7 so you'll be probably be laying the whole field using that formula and I wouldn't advise it as it'll cost you a lot of money. Add extra criteria within the formula to make sure you aren't laying all the 1000/1's that pop up
Captain Sensible

Postby remi1remi1 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:34 pm

THANKS to both captain sensible and alistair for all your help...i will take on board your advice CAPTAIN once again thank you BOTH
remi1remi1

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:44 pm

Just remember the T10 part of the trigger places the offset for you so no need to have two separate triggers as it'll offset as soon as the first part of the bet is matched whether thats a BACK or a LAY
Captain Sensible

Postby AndrewP » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:28 am

Why has the + sign crept into the formula, is +T10 a valid format?

Andrew
AndrewP

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:01 pm

I think remi assumed you'd put in a plus sign rather than the minus sign for tick offsets for LAYing. Don't think + is a valid format so stick with the BACK-T1 or LAY-T1
Captain Sensible

Postby remi1remi1 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:44 pm

THANKS captain i will put it in just as you said...just change the odds price.. and back/lay.. to which ever i want to try..will play with it at the weekend..min stake... thanks for spreading good karma...bless you..and best wishes to all
remi1remi1

Return to Discussion