Three second difference in response times today. Cause?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Three second difference in response times today. Cause?

Postby jackhu1k » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:38 pm

Hello

I using version 1.0.0.79 Beta and normally my in-play response times are around 5200, but today I saw a massive increase to an average of 8300?!

Why is this? Is this something to do with the program or simply Betfair servers running slow? If it's the program what can I do to bring times back down to normal?

Thank you
jackhu1k

Postby jackhu1k » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:45 pm

Just as bad today. Any thoughts on this as I need to correct this ASAP.
jackhu1k

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:51 pm

It's not down to the software so it must be your connection. I presume you mean the in play delay when placing bets on markets with a five second delay. You can try rebooting your router, this sometimes helps, but there isn't anything I can change in the software, if there was everybody else would have the same problem.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby jackhu1k » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:59 pm

I do understand about the five second delay which is my usual 5200ms was fine, however, 8200ms was totally unacceptable. I have found out what the problem is though.

For some unknown reason Betfair have an 8 second delay on certain foreign football matches. Now I need to work out which matches are effected BEFORE I enter a market, not sure how this will be possible though.
jackhu1k

Postby phrenetic » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:59 pm

I had real delay issues with my connection yesterday which ultimately culminated in me losing Internet access for around 4 hours yesterday evening.

Don't know if there was a general Internet (DNS-like) problem, but things are back to normal today.

Alistair
phrenetic

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:17 pm

jackhu1k wrote:I do understand about the five second delay which is my usual 5200ms was fine, however, 8200ms was totally unacceptable. I have found out what the problem is though.

For some unknown reason Betfair have an 8 second delay on certain foreign football matches. Now I need to work out which matches are effected BEFORE I enter a market, not sure how this will be possible though.

I can make the program display the delay that is in effect. I also was not aware of the 8 second delay. I didn't think it was that important to display this information until now, but now I will make it a priority.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby jackhu1k » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:08 pm

So it is possible to see what delays are in effect on Betfair before making a bet? Where can I see this info please?
jackhu1k

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:10 pm

I don't know about the main website, but it is available via the API. You cannot see it in Betting Assistant at present, I need to change the program to display it.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby jackhu1k » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:19 pm

If you could, that would be great thanks!
jackhu1k

Postby pugs » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:45 pm

jackhu1k

Betfair originally introduced the 8 second delay on all Spanish in-running football matches due to picture delay, but now I think they also do it on south American amongst other countries as well.
pugs

Postby pugs » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:00 pm

Betfair Soccer 26 Jan 12:40

In recent weeks we have been reviewing every aspect of our soccer product ahead of the forthcoming World Cup.

Part of this analysis and review has centred on the live feeds provided by various broadcasters around the globe, some of which we use on a regular basis to manage in-play soccer markets.

Our detailed research has shown that some Spanish TV stations are providing pictures that could be delayed by up to five seconds. This is clearly on the threshold of our in-play time delay, which ensures that both backers and layers are protected when betting in-play.

We have always stated in our grey text that “users should be aware that transmissions described as live by some broadcasters may actually be delayed”.

However, to ensure that we remain 100 per cent confident in our management and settlement of these markets in the light of our research, Betfair feel it is prudent to offer greater protection to all customers by extending the in-play time delays on Spanish soccer games from 5 to 8 seconds.

We are confident that this precautionary, yet necessary, change will not affect the in-play betting experience of soccer punters on Betfair.
pugs

Postby jackhu1k » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:02 pm

Yeah, I worked out the Spanish games were effected but the 8 sec delay was also used for an Italian game at the w/k so would be good to have a visual within BA to see what delays are in effect.
jackhu1k

Postby pugs » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:04 pm

Yes i totally agree.
pugs

Postby jackhu1k » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:06 pm

Can't understand why Spanish broadcasters would delay the feeds on purpose anyways!
jackhu1k

Postby pugs » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:08 pm

Perhaps they have Betfair accounts :lol: :lol: :lol:
pugs

Next

Return to Discussion