Three second difference in response times today. Cause?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby jackhu1k » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:10 pm

P.S Just looking through my records and it would seem betfair are introducing the 8 sec delay for most countries as justed spotted a Dutch game with it in effect as well. Germain is still 5 sec's and of course England and that all the countries I have noted so far.
jackhu1k

Postby jackhu1k » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:13 pm

pugs wrote:Perhaps they have Betfair accounts :lol: :lol: :lol:

For sure! Was thinking the exact same thing myself! Bet they thought they could slip it in and no one would notice. lol

Joking aside, I reckon a few made big when the delay was first introduced!
jackhu1k

Postby jackhu1k » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:06 pm

GaryRussell wrote:I don't know about the main website, but it is available via the API. You cannot see it in Betting Assistant at present, I need to change the program to display it.

Any idea when this will be implemented please? More and more foreign games have the 8 second delay now but to find which ones have it, at present I'm having to trade at a small lose just to see what delays are in effect.
jackhu1k

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:20 pm

I shall try to release an update tomorrow.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby jackhu1k » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:11 pm

Was this included in the update as I can't see it? Could use it ASAP as it's seem impossible to tell which games will be affected. Normally if English teams are involved then its only ever 5 sec's, but tonight I found the Arsenal games has a 7 sec delay.
jackhu1k

Postby jackhu1k » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:20 pm

Also, is it possible to set it up so as we can see the delay before the game starts?
jackhu1k

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:40 am

Sorry, should have told you! When the market goes in play you will see the delay in brackets after the market in the tab name. Unfortunately the information does not appear to be received from Betfair until the market goes in play. I will query this with them.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby jackhu1k » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:48 am

I see it now, thank you! :D

If it was possible to have it displayed before kick-off, that would be awesome. It would allow me to avoid the mad dash to find another match to trade (and missed opportunities) after finding the selected match has a longer than average delay.
jackhu1k

Previous

Return to Discussion