Lay liability - am I missing something?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Lay liability - am I missing something?

Postby one cool dog » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:21 pm

Is there a way of laying in-running to lose a certain amount, so say I have £30 to lose a race, at the moment I am laying £15 at under 3.0. So I may get matched at 1.7 or 3.0, I will always lose £30 or less if matched at low odds.

However, and what is annoying, I have successfully laid at 1.03 / 1.04 for £15, which means I lose very little if the horse loses but I only win £15, which is blinking frustrating when I can lose up to £30.

I would be happy to lay £900-odd pounds at 1.03 (could be wrong off the top of my head, my maths is not great) to lose £30.

Can I set the lay to a maximum loss rather than a particular stake?

I will try and explain a bit clearer if I am confusing. I need to it to work in BA and not excel.
one cool dog

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:32 pm

If you are using ver 1.0.0.97 then click the box that says 'Staking mode: stake' at the top of the screen. It will change to read 'Staking mode: Liability' then you can lay to liability (it will use the value in the lay stake column).
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby one cool dog » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:53 pm

Hi Gary

I see you were lurking about, so was hoping you might answer !

Great news, just took a look at I think I see what you mean.

Just to confirm, is it the amount in under Lay Stake in the standard interface that it will lay to - same line at the Selection name under Philly (US). Ive set mine to back and lay for £30.

Ive attached the .jpg to show.

If I click on the lay button of the horse (one of the pink boxes), and it is 1.5 to lay, will it now lay £60 to lose my £30?

Also, does it lay any odds to lay for £30 or just the one you click on? i.e

I can lose £30 and click on 1.5 but there is only £45 to lay, will it move on to next odds or leave a lay of £15 at 1.5 of mine there?

Regards
one cool dog

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:26 pm

Yes to your first 2 questions.

To your last question: It will only lay at the odds your click on so if there is not enough money it will stay in the queue at the odds you clicked on (ie. in your example £15 will remain at 1.5)
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Discussion