Setting up recovery staking via Excel.?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Setting up recovery staking via Excel.?

Postby hughsiepops » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:47 pm

Morning

I use various mechanical selection processes to make my daily selections. This may mean that I have two lay selections at the same race meeting. What I would like to do if the first lay is unsuccessful is attempt to recover the loss (Plus the 'Aim' I had for the first race) with the next selection.

I'll ignore commission in the example below ..

Aim : £4
13.00 KEMP HORSE A Lay HORSE A £4 @ 4.0 .. Liability £12 .. UNSUCCESSFUL LAY .. Lose £12
14.00 KEMP HORSE B LAY HORSE B £16 @ 4.0 .. Liability £48.00 .. SUCCESSFUL LAY .. Overall Profit achieved = £4

When it comes to calculating the stake for the 14.00 race, am I best to get Excel to refer to any changes in the bank.? Or is there another indicator that I would be better to use, like the Column O (last Priced Matched) from the previous selection.?

I currently use another commercial piece of software (Subscription £25 / mth) that allows me to use a lay ladder approach to staking (Even splitting the recovery over several successive lays if I wanted). I'm not sure from a programming point of view how this works out the next required 'recovery' stake

It appears that lay ladder staking is possible in Betting Assistant, but first I have to work out which cells I would need to refer to in order to set it up
.. Also, what if I would like to use this lay ladder approach to staking in markets that don't go inplay.? (Eg. Some of the smaller football markets). Is this possible

Any help with this would be much appreciated as I've been scratching around for a few hours and I've been unable to find any previous posts that address this. There is a post back from April entitled "chase losses formula" with a sobering screen shot from WhyLose, so it looks like lay ladder staking is possible but I'm just wondering how.??

Thanks
Hughsiepops

Ps. I am fully aware of the dangers of using any recovery based staking plan.!
hughsiepops

Postby phrenetic » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:08 pm

I think you really need to resort to VBA if you really want to implement a staking plan.

For markets that go In-Play, it is possible (although not guaranteed) to determine the result of the bet by looking at the last matched price, but for markets that don't go In-Play then you have to monitor the Balance/Exposure.

Alistair
phrenetic

Postby hughsiepops » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:20 am

Thanks phrenetic

From what I gather the other software uses .xml

The main advantage is that you can use various selection systems in different 'betting bots'. Eg. One for KEMP using recovery, and another for AYR using recovery and although they operate from the same overall betting bank, they are totally separate when it comes to recovery staking
(Ie. KEMP is separate from AYR)

Hmm .. I wonder how they do that.? and how or if it could be replicated in Betting Assistant.?

Regards
Hughsiepops
hughsiepops

Return to Discussion