Some questions re scaling in, multiple stop losses etc

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Some questions re scaling in, multiple stop losses etc

Postby alun » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:05 pm

Hi

I wonder if any experienced users can help me in terms of whether the following is possible with Gary's software.

1, If I want to set a trailing stop loss, is there a way I can do it without it putting in an OFFSET order too. I'd like to let any profits run and let the trailing stop loss exit. I don't want a predefined profit exit point. So if there is any way i can JUST do a trailing stop loss then can someone explain it.

2, If I decide to get involved again on that horse and have THAT second bet working to a trailing stop loss too would that work.

For instance, lets say I lay a horse at 3.0 with a 4 tick trailing stop loss. The odds are up to 3.2 (and the trailing stop loss up to 3.0). I decide to relay the horse at 3.2 - would that also get a trailing stop loss too or can the software only handle one trailing stop loss at a time

Thanks people

Much appreciated. Ta for your help in advance

Al 8-)
alun

Postby chaser » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi Alun

With regard to your first point. I have asked a couple of times, if the Stoploss can be independent of the tick offset (like it used to be), and also the ability to input Stoploss odds rather than ticks.

If you Lay a horse and put in a high tick offset value, in order to be able to activate a stoploss, and the horse falls, the tick offset will be activated, and what should be a winning Lay bet becomes a no bet.

I explained this to Gary, and he did say that he would alter things, but there have been a couple of Upgrades since my post and it does seem to have been overlooked.

I think flexibility in the use of the stoploss function is really important, and it is available in other programs.

Regarding your second point. I don't know what would happen in the situation you describe.

Chaser
chaser

Postby alun » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:26 pm

thanks Chaser.

Thats helpful. I'm trading pre race so I'm guessing that your trick of using a high offset value would work for me. Is there a maximum offset that can be used?

On the other issue, it'd be interesting to hear back what would happen with stop losses in the event of having multiple lays on the same horse.

al
alun

Return to Discussion