Triggered betting

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Triggered betting

Postby Rupe dog » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:53 pm

Hi there,

I'm still being bamboozled by how excellent this software is and have been playing about with it quite a bit. In particular I've been looking at the market auto selection and triggered betting facilities which are ace! I have a question though about the time that a race starts...if I wanted to back a greyhound say, just before the off at the best price available using the triggered betting facility how would I acheive the "just before the off" bit? Races often don't start until well past the scheduled start and it is only then that the market has become mature and odds reflecting the proper starting prices are available. I know you can back a horse at the SP in betfair but I'm not sure about greyhounds?

Also does anyone recommend an ISP or similar that could keep the internet up and running at all times (as far as possible!) in order to have triggered bets running throughout the day?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt
Rupe dog

Triggered bettting

Postby terry-shep » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:06 pm

I can only speak from my own experience but my ISP, Freedom2surf, manages to keep the 'net flowing continually. This is important for me because I am using a trading system on forex which requires the computer to be on-line and active 24/7 monitoring currency prices. I have been with them for 37 months now and have never seen a suspension of service. The fact that they are one of the cheapest for an 8Mbps service is incidental.

I wish I knew as much about the triggered betting capability as you obviously do, Rupe but I haven't even attempted any Excel functions yet. Is there somewhere one could learn about these?

Good luck with the hounds anyway, I tried these for a while with the GreyHorse 'bot but came unstuck.
Terry S
terry-shep

Postby Rupe dog » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:37 pm

Hi Terry,

Many thanks for your reply, that ISP of yours sounds great. I'm going to see how Tiscali goes but if I have any problems I will give it a try.

I think the best place to start learning about Excel Functions is in excel itself and the Insert>Function wizard option from the main menu. Look at the IF, AND, OR functions as a start and it explains what happens when you fill in the gaps.

Otherwise do a google search for excel function tutotrials and there's loads of interesting stuff.

Good luck!
Matt
Rupe dog

Postby RJM » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:56 am

IDNet have been excellent over the last 12 months for me.

Tiscali do not have a very good reputaion.

I would check the following forum out first:-

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/threads.php?Cat=

Regards- Robin
RJM

Postby hughsiepops » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:22 pm

Matt.

RE: Placing a bet just before the off ..

I think there are a couple of possible options to address this. Unfortunately I don't know how to set up either in Excel

1. Set Excel up to monitor the Total Matched in the market (Cell B3) and have your triggers set up so that Eg. 60 seconds before the official off time - and only if a certain amount of money has been matched in the market - does BA place a bet for you. I guess you could use a simple IF statement to do this. What would be ideal is for BA wait until there was at least a certain amount of money matched before placing the bet, so if the off time was 11:03am and there was only £2,000 matched then BA could wait until there was at least £4,000 matched before placing the bet

2. Get BA to only place a bet if the previous race at the meeting has been 'settled', this is a feature in another commercial bot I currently use. So if the 11:03 hasn't been settled then BA won't place a bet on the 11:19

This is a very common problem with the greyhound markets as most of the money comes into the market between 2 and 3 minutes before the off, so any delay to the start of the race considerably skews the odds available to a bot that is trying to place a bet a certain time before the off

I think a minimum of £4,000 to £5,000 would need to be matched a daily BAGS meetings (11am to 6pm) for the market to have started to form correctly, so I would be waiting for this amount of money to be matched before placing any bet. Anything over £8,000 is usually matched by the time the race actually goes off. Some of the evening racing is a little strange. I've seen as little as £500 matched on a midweek Bell Vue meeting and then over £22,000 at Romford the other night. This is one reason I would like to capture the 'Total Matched' amount on each of the meetings throughout the day. I would like to be able to record the name and time of the race (Column A) followed by the total amount matched on the market (Column B), to look something like this ..

Romfd 10th Jan - 15:07 A4 400m | 8587.10
Crayfd 10th Jan - 15:17 A6 380m | 10542.45
Romfd 10th Jan - 15:28 A1 400m | 9587.23
Crayfd 10th Jan - 15:38 A3 380m | 7965.98

From what I gather I would need to wait for cell F2 to display 'SUSPENDED' and then export the contents of cell A1 and B3 to another worksheet. Is this easy enough to do.?

Thanks
Hughsiepops

Ps. If you haven't got something like this set up for the greyhounds then watch out when there are a couple of the festival racing events (Eg. Glorious Goodwood and the Cheltenham Festival) as volumes on the dogs can drop considerably (Especially when the big races of the day are run)
hughsiepops

Postby phrenetic » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Hughsiepops

I will send you something tonight that you can use to record the event name and total matched values.

You will just need to load all of the races into a single quick pick list on BA and then link to the spreadsheet that I send you. This will then record the values you need at the point the event goes suspended.

Alistair
phrenetic

Postby Rupe dog » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:22 am

Hi there and many thanks for your replies.

I agree, I think that the best way of placing a bet before the off is to use the amounts matched as the trigger.

As an aside, does anyone know you can place one bet when total matched reaches £4,000 say and then one bet again at £5,000 say on the same race using the same spreadsheet?

I think it would need to be done by a bit of Visual Basic programming?

Cheers,
Matt
Rupe dog

Return to Discussion