Simultaneous Macros

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Simultaneous Macros

Postby MICHSTEP » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:08 pm

If I have several workbooks, each containing a macro referring to one worksheet within each workbook, and I wish to run the macros simultaneously on different markets, what is the best way to to this?
I need help in relation to the following:
Should I just have one workbook containing all the macros and associated worksheets?
If no, should subsequent workbooks be opened from within the first workbook or by running separate Excel Programs?
Do all Cells references within each macro need to specifically refer to both workbook and sheet?
Is there a limit on the number of pages that can be opened within BA?

Any help on the above would be gratefully appreciated.

Michael
MICHSTEP

Postby phrenetic » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:54 am

Michael

I have run up to 10 simulataneous events from BA - all logging prices to their own separate sheets within Excel and each sheet running its own macro in parallel.

In my code, I use the following construct:

' Set-up workbook variables
Set wb1 = ThisWorkbook
Set ws1 = wb1.Sheets("Meeting_1")

where Meeting_1 is changed to the name of each different sheet (I have Meeting_1 through to Meeting_10).

Cells are then prefixed by "ws1." - as in ws1.Range("A1"), thus enabling each macro to access its own cells without getting mixed up with other sheets.

Alistair
phrenetic

Postby MICHSTEP » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:15 pm

Alastair

Thank you for your reply.

Just to clarify -
There is one Excel workbook open.
Ten worksheets are open in Excel.
Ten separate Excel macros are running simultaneously.
Each macro refers specifically by code to cells within a particular worksheets.
BA is open with markets in ten pages
Each BA page logs data to one of the ten worksheets

Sounds good!

Michael
MICHSTEP

Postby phrenetic » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:24 pm

Michael

That is correct.

Alistair
phrenetic

Return to Discussion