Tips for a total beginner

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Tips for a total beginner

Postby craghopper23 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:48 pm

I'm a total beginner at all this triggered betting via Excel malarkey and was wondering whether anyone could share any tips on ow to get started or recommend any books or online tutorials, etc.

Wat I would like to do is write my own Excel triggers (Macros, VBA...?) to automate my betting via Gruss. I want to be able to program in my betting for the day and allow Excel and Gruss to get on with it, subject to the conditions set by me.

I know it is possible but I don't know where to start. I have never had any experience of programing but am a quick learner.

Thanks in advance. :D
craghopper23

Postby Frinck » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:46 am

Hi,

My advice would be to learn basic Excel functions first as you can automate a hell of a lot using BA and Excel using just these. Try out some simple sheets so you can get a feel for how you can trigger different types of trades.

As you get more experienced, you'll probably find you need more specific requirements for your trading. Which is where VBA could come in very handy. It's not a particularly difficult language to learn, but if you haven't done programming before, you might find it a bit strange at first. But there's loads of really talented coders on this forum, and millions of helpful websites (I swear by googling a problem to get the answer) out there to help.

All I can really add to that is good luck and enjoy the ride!

Frinck.
Frinck

Postby pugs » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:43 am

Hello craghopper23

I don’t use Gruss/Excel so I cannot give you any specific advice but there are some tutorial videos in this forum that you may find useful, plus I know there are some very kind Gruss forumites who have shared spreadsheets, so if you were able to download a couple of these (and as Frinck suggests you lean basic Excel) it would give you a feel for what you need to do to create your own spreadsheet.
pugs

Postby craghopper23 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:53 pm

Thanks pugs and Frinks.

What I want to do is be able to program in my bets for the day and let Excel and Gruss submit them for me folowing certain odds conditions and pre-set staking plans (such as fixed profit with recovery, level stakes, etc).

I know it's possible but don't really know where to begin. :shock:
craghopper23

Return to Discussion