Chart that updates in real time

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Chart that updates in real time

Postby obias » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:15 pm

Hi all...
I'm new to this forum and I'd 1st of all like to congratulate Gary on his excellent program ... More grease to your elbow mate!

I quite like the graphs that update in real time on BA ... question is ...how can I produce/reproduce this from excel? I'd like to see them on a larger scale.

I can get the market prices into Excel but since each download of a price by BA overwrites the previous one, I can't get a series of prices together to chart up.

Any ideas anybody?

Also, Gary ... is there a way to automatically stop the prices downloading to excel as soon as the market goes suspended. This is so that one can look at the closest you'll get to a Betfair SP. After examining this, one can then restart the downloading prices routine.
obias

Postby allgreen » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:15 am

I also have been trying to find out how to 'capture' the prices for use in charts etc., but without success. I see this question has been asked several times previously but gone unanswered.

I believe it is probably done using a Worksheet_Change event procedure but lack the necessary VBA skills to write the code.

Can anyone help out please?

Barry
allgreen

Postby Mitch » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:47 pm

Mitch

Postby allgreen » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:35 pm

Thanks for that Mitch, I will investigate further.

Barry
allgreen

Postby robcpettit » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:55 pm

Re the second link in mitch reply, Im using excel to do the charting now. Originally I Was linkling excel to a charting package, but it kept breaking down. Also Ive played around with the code, so that I feed all runners to excel and chart the top 3. You need to have two workbooks open to do this. But not two instances of excel as this seems to confuss b/a.
Regards Robert
robcpettit

Charting Package

Postby obias » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:16 pm

Thanks Mitch ... You seem to know a lot about excel vba ... I read somewhere that running a macro alongside BA crashes it ... Is this still the case... I'm a bit scared of crashing in the middle of trading!! :o

Metastock? ... charting package? ... Does anyone know how I can get a copy of this sort of thing... sounds like what I need. :D
obias

Postby Mitch » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:02 pm

There is no reason that running a macro alongside BA should crash anything. The only drawback that I know of is that BA cannot post data to Excel while the macro is running so you have to run the macro at intervals to allow BA to do its' stuff inbetween.
Mitch

Postby tkp » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:56 pm

you're right mitch - running at intervals is the best way to go

however there is the doevents command

this little command in (vba hands over control to the processor so that it can carry on processing other things while your code still runs,,,

below is a simple pause routine I use in my BA spreadsheets I use it to wait for a request to be processed before asking for the next)...

Function pauser1(PauseTime)
Dim Start

Start = Timer ' Set start time.
Do While Timer < Start + PauseTime
DoEvents ' Yield to other processes.
Loop

End Function

OR

here's a little snippet that waits until a bet is matched....substitute your own sheet details - but both use the doevents to ensure that the feed from BA keeps coming so that prices/matched status etc can be monitored without interuption.

------------------------------------
'wait til matched

If ThisWorkbook.Sheets("YOUR_SHEET_HERE").cbAutoTick2.Value = True Then 'this is a check box I have on a sheet
Do Until ThisWorkbook.Sheets("data").Cells(intRunner, 20).Value = curStake 'this checks the matched stake feed back from BA that it matches my stake
DoEvents 'yield
If bCancel = True Then 'check I haven't pressed the CANCEL button on my sheet.

Exit Do

End If

Loop

------------------------------------

Hope that helps.

tkp
tkp

Return to Discussion