help with excel

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

help with excel

Postby nagger » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:25 pm

Hi,

Very new to excel I wondered if anyone can help.

I am trying to write some formulas but just cant get them to work.

I want to back a horse in running at 1.7 then if it is starting to lose lay it.

Tried tick offset but not working with my excel? is it supposed too.

Also trying to load next race automatically after in play finished and clear bet refs, if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I copied this code from one post but not working

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
' Only process whole updates
If Target.Columns.Count <> 16 Then Exit Sub

' Set-up workbook variables
Set wb1 = ThisWorkbook
Set ws1 = wb1.Sheets("Sheet1")

' Stop any further updates until we have completed
Application.EnableEvents = False

' Check for 2 in cell AB15
If ws1.Range("AB15").Value = 2 Then
' Clear bet references
ws1.Range("T5:W5").ClearContents
End If

' Re-enable updates
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Sorry I am a true beginner on excel and I dont know where to start. I'm surprised I even got trigger to fire bets.

Any kind of help much appreciated.

Thanks
nagger

Postby nagger » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:11 pm

Just sussed out quick pick list clear bet refs.

Just stop loss if anyone can help. Downloaded stoploss trigger but can someone tell me how to apply this or the code. I tryed -T but seems not to put the lay bet in.
nagger

Postby dgs2001 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:21 am

hi nagger

If you check the excellent help files included with BA you will find in the using Excel section the following:-

The BACK and LAY triggers can be extended to place fill or kill, tick offset bets and set the bet persistence options for in play markets.
Examples
BACK-T1 lay at one tick offset lower when bet is matched
LAY-T1 back at one tick offset higher when bet is matched
BACK-T2-F5 lay at two tick offsets lower when bet is matched or cancel the bet if not matched before 5 seconds
BACK-F5 cancel bet if not matched before 5 seconds
LAY-F10 cancel if not matched before 10 seconds

BACK-IP If the bet is not matched when the market goes in play then the bet will not be cancelled.

LAY-SP If the bet is not matched when the market goes in play then the bet will be converted to a Starting Price bet, the liability must be at least £10 otherwise the bet will be cancelled when the market goes in play.

BACK-T1-IP lay at one tick offset lower when bet is matched and if the bet is not matched when the market goes in play then the bet will not be cancelled (including the original back bet and the offset lay bet)

Please note that BACK-F1-T1 will not work, you must put the tick offset option first, ie. BACK-T1-F1
When a bet is cancelled by fill or kill the bet reference in Excel will read CANCELLED. This will also happen if you cancel the bet manually.

I think this covers what you are trying to do, just decide on your tick offset(stop loss setting) and put the relevant trigger into excel.
dgs2001

Postby laffo16 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:59 am

i have been wondering where the stop lose trig is in excel, i've read over the above manual section a few times. am i missing something? has the admin mentioned any updates on adding this trigger to excel. It would be worth knowing if its due to be added. (to save customising my own)

I read in another thread someone suggested a auto green up after tick offset trigger for excel to "BACK-T1-SL3-Autogreen" or something along those line was suggested.

any info on this admin?

on a serperate note, i was wondering if someone could tell me, after a bet has been placed with a for example 4 tick offset. If i change market does the tick offset trigger still remain in play on other market? or would i need to create a new page for the new market in this case?

- peace n houses
laffo16

Postby nagger » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:04 am

OK thanks very much.

I'll have another go at this tomorrow, when in play.
nagger

Postby nagger » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:21 pm

OK done -T but works but is laying 10 ticks lower, what i am trying to achieve is laying 10 ticks higher.

e.g back at 1.7 and if starts losing lay at 1.8.

Do I put +T or do I put> in front of -T.

Or is not
nagger

Postby PeteB » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:56 am

The tick offset is for setting a target profit, so the lay will be lower than the back, and will be placed when the back is matched.

You are looking to set a stop-loss, where the lay would be above the back, and will not be placed until the price hits a certain level (if it was placed immediately you would just be guaranteeing a loss every time you did this)

Don't have BA on this PC, so can't check whether there is an Excel trigger for this...
PeteB

Postby PeteB » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:14 am

Just done a quick forum search - there doesn't seem to be a stop loss trigger in Excel yet - you would have to code something.

So after you place back bet at 1.7, monitor the best lay price, and if it hits 1.8 or above, place a lay bet at the best lay price to lock in your loss.
PeteB

Postby laffo16 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:07 am

admin, have you any plans or beta releases of the stop loss excel trigger. an aprox eta maybe?

could someone please reply to my upd question:
i was wondering if someone could tell me, after a bet has been placed with a for example 4 tick offset. If i change market before the tick offset is matched, will it still remain in play?
laffo16

Postby nagger » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:08 am

OK Thanks I have to try and experiment with a few things. I'll let you know how I get on.
nagger

Return to Discussion