Driven to Despair - mad in pain with rage ! he he !

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Driven to Despair - mad in pain with rage ! he he !

Postby Fixador » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:35 pm

REALLY SERIOUS SUBJECT THIS ! :oops:

Why is it :-

I switch my xp laptop on - and it boots up to the desktop screen and so, is ready to get busy

I switch my xp desktop pc on - and the git only boots up as far as a logon screen :x :x :x :x

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - SOMEONE HEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPP !

ta !
Fixador

Postby laffo16 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:56 pm

while your desktop PC is loading and still in the bios stages of booting up, continualy bash F8. This will bring you to a dos screen with options, select "last known good configuration" or something simular, and select preferably the oldest configuration you have saved. If this fails to work, i can't see much else you can do from outside of windows. Does it freeze on the "welcome" screen? with no user / pass login? they maybe a way of bypassing this screen by holding down a key while windows is loading although i suggest you search google for such info.

other options include enetering in safe mode and uninstalling your most recently install applications. entering "msconfig" from "start / run" and disabling other programs from loading. well good look any how, if worst comes to worst, put your hard drive in another comp (as secondary device), backup anything you need. then reinstall windows over the top or with a clean install. good luck!
laffo16

Postby laffo16 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:58 pm

i'm assuming here that your comp is locking up (looping at a set point), and that the issue here is not a user name / password problem.
laffo16

Postby Bid » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:15 pm

Do you have more than one user on the desktop machine?

Does your desktop machine login id require a password?
Bid

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:16 pm

GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Fixador » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:39 pm

Oh dear - i thought it was annoying - Guys, i seem have given the impression my desktop has been crucified ( i must stop watching 'The Passion' )

Profound Apologies to All : I neglected to mention that on the desktop pc, when i click on my logon logo - it boots up to the 'desktop' screen....

What i AM looking for , is get my desktop pc , to boot up to the 'desktop' screen WITHOUT my having to click on the logon logo........

Its driving me insane - i hate it - : Having to click on the logo logon

- with the laptop I dont - why cant i do the same with the desktop !

Aaaaagggghhh !
Fixador

Postby Fixador » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:45 pm

Hello Gary - thanks , i have followed the link you gave - have done the reset - just need to wait till after the neddies have all done for the day and will try a reboot
Paul
Fixador

Postby Fixador » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:28 pm

Thanks Gary - works a treat ! :D
Fixador

Return to Discussion