betfair charge

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

betfair charge

Postby thonggruss » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:54 pm

HI Everyone

Just want to make my mind clear for these charges.i have read the other post but still do not really get it. hopefully can get a direct answer here

betfair claimed each call is weighted below
Get Market Prices Compressed 1
Get Market Prices 1
Get Market Traded Volume 1
Get Detail Available Market Depth 1
Get Complete Market Prices Compressed 1

i have linked BA to excel, the situation is like this

1. i untick all the display columns under option, so may i know how many calls per open market now?

2. is there a difference if i tick back 2 and lay 2 column only compare to tick back 2 back 3 lay 2 lay3 ?

3. if i tick " Level Profit", "Last Priced Matched" and "total matched", will this increase the call request?

i really do not know the answer because even i hide all the information, they still displayed in full in excel, so .. i hope, someone can point me to the right way

thank you
thonggruss

Postby thonggruss » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:06 pm

and also will the last hour transaction number affect the charge?

thanks
thonggruss

Re: betfair charge

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:29 pm

thonggruss wrote:HI Everyone

Just want to make my mind clear for these charges.i have read the other post but still do not really get it. hopefully can get a direct answer here

betfair claimed each call is weighted below
Get Market Prices Compressed 1
Get Market Prices 1
Get Market Traded Volume 1
Get Detail Available Market Depth 1
Get Complete Market Prices Compressed 1

i have linked BA to excel, the situation is like this

1. i untick all the display columns under option, so may i know how many calls per open market now?

2. is there a difference if i tick back 2 and lay 2 column only compare to tick back 2 back 3 lay 2 lay3 ?

3. if i tick " Level Profit", "Last Priced Matched" and "total matched", will this increase the call request?

i really do not know the answer because even i hide all the information, they still displayed in full in excel, so .. i hope, someone can point me to the right way

thank you

1) The number of requests is displayed at the top of the screen, it is always visible, hiding columns will not make any difference.

2) It doesn't matter which columns you have displayed, all price data is 1 request.

3) See answer 2
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:29 pm

thonggruss wrote:and also will the last hour transaction number affect the charge?

thanks

The transaction count does not affect the request charging.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby thonggruss » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:16 pm

GARY,

thanks for your fast reply

so can you please tell me how many calls per market in a 0.1 seconds update and 1 seconds update? i remember u answered this at another post but .. just want to make it clear again.

2.There is a forumate claimed that switching 1 seconds in NOT-IN-Play market and 0.1 seconds in In-Play market, will this work effectively ?because i have horse, place market and greyhound open at the same time too. how many calls are requested if 2 horse racings go in-play at the same time?

3. the throttle idea is really great but may i know how is this work? are they just follow the call sequences and queue up if it's exceeded 20 calls? will this give privillage to In-Play horse market?

thank you!
Great Job again Gary!
thonggruss

Postby Michal » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:09 am

Hi GAry,

As I understand it the transactions fees are only charged per market calls? So Account Balance and retreiving the markets into quick pick list will not atract a charge is that right?

Michal
Michal

Postby laffo16 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:50 am

Just to be sure, are the COM function calls implimented into the throttle control limit aswell, and are any of the COM calls directly linked to any direct charges regardless of trottle.
laffo16

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:26 am

laffo16 wrote:Just to be sure, are the COM function calls implimented into the throttle control limit aswell, and are any of the COM calls directly linked to any direct charges regardless of trottle.

BA is requesting the prices and bets data so when you call getPrices() for example it is passing a copy of the data that BA retrieved on the last refresh so yes it is covered by the throttle limit. The only function which actually initiates an API request that is covered by request charging is getBet(), but this request is included in the throttling.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby thonggruss » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:50 am

thonggruss wrote:GARY,

so can you please tell me how many calls per market in a 0.1 seconds update and 1 seconds update? i remember u answered this at another post but .. just want to make it clear again.

2.There is a forumate claimed that switching 1 seconds in NOT-IN-Play market and 0.1 seconds in In-Play market, will this work effectively ?because i have horse, place market and greyhound open at the same time too. how many calls are requested if 2 horse racings go in-play at the same time?

3. the throttle idea is really great but may i know how is this work? are they just follow the call sequences and queue up if it's exceeded 20 calls? will this give privillage to In-Play horse market?

thank you!
Great Job again Gary!

Sorry but please gary can you answer this?
Thank you
thonggruss

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:04 pm

thonggruss wrote:
thonggruss wrote:GARY,

thank you!
Great Job again Gary!

Sorry but please gary can you answer this?
Thank you

1) The request counter shows you how many requests are being made, try it with different refresh rates and you can see how many requests are being made. The total is across all markets you are currently monitoring.

2) 0.1 seconds refresh on the standard interface is 20 requests per second therefore 2 markets will make 40 requests per second (or possibly less, depending on your connection)

3) They queue up depending on the order they were made, their is no priority, this could be an idea for a later release.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby thonggruss » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:26 pm

Gary,

thanks for your reply and please be patient with this question because I cant figure this out( or probably you can proove me wrong)

saying the fact that 20calls per 0.1 seconds per market (lets say i have 2 markets opened now so is 40calls), even if i switch everything to 1 seconds, in that very particular moment, 2 markets will update together and hence 40 request will be made too...am i right about this?
:idea:

thank you again!
thonggruss

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:37 pm

When you change from 0.1 to 1 second refresh the requests will immediately drop from 40 to 4 requests per second when viewing 2 markets.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Discussion